Beginning of War

"They've remodeled." Anastasia said with disdain.
"Well get the look off your face, you'll give us away." Theseus muttered.
"Will not, Jacob and Lally have already been thrown into the festivities." Anastasia retorted, "And your brother found Vogel." 
Theseus threw his hands up as he joined his brother.
"Having fun?" Percival asked.
"Annoying everyone, yes. Otherwise no. Something isn't right." Anastasia said removing her wand from her sleeve. "Be on guard."
Percival drew his wand as well, "Would you put it past him to show?"
"He's a criminal."

"There is inconclusive evidence for the alleged crimes of Gellert Grindelwald." Said Vogel. "The Confederation removes the charges against Grindelwald."
"What no! I was there he was killing people." Jacob said as Lally dragged him to the door. Theseus who had been chasing down some of Grindelwald's acolytes was captured.
"Newt, lets go." Percival said as they hurried after Lally. 

"Vogel!" Anastasia ran to the stage. "You know as well as I you're lying."
"Ah, Ms. Grindelwald. And you know as well as I there is nothing to be done." Vogel gave her an appraising look.
"You choose easy. You had a choice." Anastasia turned on her heel, meeting the group and left. 

They stepped out into the night as the crowd roared its approval.
"I can't believe him." Anastasia tucked her wand away.
"Slippery snake, that's for sure." Percival mused. 
"So now what do we do?" Lally asked, "We've got to find Theseus for one." 
"I say we go back on bother them in the morning." Jacob said. "Actually lets go now."
Jacob started off with the rest on his heels, "Jacob if my brother got out of the charges, we are not going to get answers." Anastasia reminded him. 

Still they tried and as they stepped out into the early morning light, there plan was beginning to fail. 
"Leave it to Yusuf and Bunty." Jacob said.
"No, I will not just stand here and wait." Anastasia began to pace, "I am not a fool."
"No one is a fool, Anastasia." Newt said quietly. 
A glove appeared floating in midair, "Is that..."
"Dumbledore." Newt said as they all reached for it.
"Morning." He said cheerily.
"Not a good time to happy." Percival muttered as they walked along. 
"Yes, well, anyway Theseus is in Erkstag Prison..."
"They shut that place down years ago!" Anastasia protested.
"It's the ministry's secret little bed and breakfast." Dumbledore passed papers to Newt and Percival, "You'll both need these." 
"Lally, I hope you are not engaged and frankly if you are, I suggest you attend tonight's candidate dinner." Albus smiled. "Take Mr. Kowalski and Anastasia with you."
"I shall enjoy the challenge, besides I'll have Jacob and Anastasia with me." Lally gave the two a wink.
"Professor Hicks' charms work is exceptional." Albus said to a bemused Jacob. "Anastasia, can I borrow you for a moment?"

They turned down a more private alley, "Albus, you get anybody killed..."
"No one is going to die. Your brother will be there, he has been allowed to stand."
"I know, and highly doubt my going to the dinner will do anything against that."
"Just try." Albus sighed, "I know you're frustrated with me and I'm sorry. I never wanted this to happen." 
"You really are trying to fix this." 
"Its the only choice I have." Albus vanished and Anastasia went back to the others. "Be careful, both of you." Newt and Percival nodded. The latter placed a kiss on her cheek, "I love you."
"I love you too."
"Well." She said to Lally and Jacob as the others left. "Let's go to dinner."