Prologue: Start of an Obstacle

Start from the beginning

Bismarck easily giving in without any reason baffles Tirpitz since the one she knows is ridden with guilt and regret.

"Don't push yourself too much even if you've been going on normal sorties" Bismarck turns away
"I'm not reckless, so you don't have to worry about me"

It's genuine from concern from Bismarck, so Tirpitz smiles in acceptance this knowing Bismarck is trying to act like an older sister after learning her lesson. However, she knows that sisterly love isn't directed to her, but she couldn't admit of longing for it.

"Just a month ago, you fought Victorious META on your own and got a sword to the chest. We thought you died"
"......." Tirpitz coldly sweats
"Your wisdom cube didn't emit any energy and you stopped breathing"
"Well, I managed to survive"

Tirpitz plays it off by keeping a calm and collected demeanor like she always does. It's best to leave it as what everyone presumes since Bismarck is fortunately not questioning her suddenly springing back to life for a few seconds before falling back into unconsciousness......for the next two seconds.

"You may not be so lucky next time, so don't push yourself. More importantly, don't try to take on your worst enemy by yourself"
"Fine....." Tirpitz sighs
"......Especially that you don't have your abilities as a META anymore"
"That will make things harder for me. I won't try to get myself killed next time" Tirpitz assures her
"Don't make me worry like that. You almost made me cry" Bismarck turns away again
"You almost cried?"
"Just think about your survival next time"

The reason Bismarck is quick to turn away is because she jolts when Tirpitz actually overhears her mumbling to herself. Before Tirpitz can pressure her into being honest, Bismarck hurriedly marches out of Tirpitz's room and leaves the scene in five seconds flat.

"Avoiding check ups for too long might raise suspicions from Neumark, but I can't conceal the true nature of my wisdom cube"

Tirpitz shuts the door close and focuses her on her current obstacles as she sits back on the side of her bed. It's natural for everyone to view her normally by her appearance alone, but the normal wisdom cube gave out after exerting itself. As it crumbled from the repeated fatal damages, the META's wisdom cube rebuilt itself as the core of the body through the scattered pieces - using the sacrifice as a foundation and nutrition.

"Strange. I'm nervous about hiding my true self, but I feel content the way I am. No, I think that I simply miss this peaceful life after living in bitterness for so long......"

Rather than constantly live in worry, Tirpitz finds a moment of peace remembering that she truly wanted a second life free from revenge and bitterness. Her is somewhat at peace at the reminder of a certain someone telling her it's disrespectful to waste away her current life.

"I need to get a grip of myself. Even if I'm a different person, I'm still Tirpitz. They're living in ignorance, but it makes them happy......"

It's a bittersweet emotion mixing in her chest since it's horrible to lie to keep them oblivious, but it's the only way to keep the people she knows to be peacefully satisfied.

"That's right. I have to make sure she didn't give up her life for nothing. Besides, I have to  make sure Victorious doesn't turn into another pain in the ass"

Tirpitz closes her eyes at the thought of having to be against another troublesome Victorious and even her ability reacts to her current mood. The room's temperature drastically lowers that white ice forms on the walls and floor beneath her.

The next day......

Neumark has just finished regular maintenance on Scharnhorst and Gneisenau's ships, nodding proudly and lightly sighing in relief. Out of simple joy to what's viewed as a mundane job, she places her hands on her hips and her lips curve upward with a satisfied smile. Every part and area are checked on her clipboard, giving another simple sense of accomplishment.