"Yes yes I know that believe me, I know. When he first asked me the question I was like half asleep and when I couldn't answer him properly he dropped it and let me go back to sleep. But I don't know, it's just the thought of being alone with him with neither you nor my cousins with me. My brain just can't fathom that." I confessed to her.

"Well, you do realize that you were just with him by yourself for like two days right? In a whole 'nother state might I add?"

"It wasn't two days it was like, a day and a quarter or something like that."

"Eh, it doesn't matter. Look, I know you, and what you just confessed to me is a lie."

"What?" "dammit she saw through me again... like always. I don't why I try anymore."  I say to myself.

"That is not the real reason you're afraid to be alone with him."

"Well then, all great knower of me, please tell me why I am so afraid." I said, mocking her some.

The waiter came just then with our food, sat it down in front of us and asked if we needed anything else, we said no, so she went on to her next table. We took a couple minutes to better our food to our liking then Trina continued our conversation.

"You, Miss y/n are afraid to be with him because you are in denial."

"Denial? Of what?" I laughed at her insinuation.

"Oh you know what. Your feelings for him obviously. You, my friend, have been bitten by the 'love bug'."

I gawked at her statement. "And you, my friend, are completely delusional, and I have no idea what you're talking about."

"LIAR! You are a liar.... C'mon even you can't deny it. You get all giddy when he does something you expect."

"I just... like to know... that I'm right!" I say through a mouth full of food.

"Uh huh. Yeah, right. Whatever. Sweetie I can't help you if you don't want the help I offer." Trina said, crossing her arms and turning her head away from me.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Alright you know what? Let's just talk about this later because jet lag is hitting hard right now and I'm not sure if I can even finish my food."

"Alright, Alright. Are you paying or am I?" She asked me as she flipped over the check to see how much our meal cost.

"I'll pay because you paid last time we ate out together and because Tom never let me pay for anything. I literally had to wait til he was distracted with something to pay for the last meal we had together then push him out the door before he remembered that he had to pay the bill."

I went up to the counter to pay then followed Trina back out to her car to drive us to her place so I could stay with her until my 'week with my cousins' was over.

As the week went on we did as we always do when we are together at either her or my house... absolutely nothing. We stayed in comfortable silence with each other the whole week, we would bring up random topics that had our curiosity and asked for the others opinions or talked about our own/shared interests. Mainly just trying to avoid the 'elephant in the room' which was the relationship status between me and Tom.

"Ok. Y/n I am trying to be respectful of your choice in avoiding the subject, but GOOD LORD! It is killing me! Why won't you talk about it?!" she interrupted the silence we were having.

"Why do you want to talk about it?!" I said matching her frustration.

"Why are you blocking?"

"I'm not blocking."