Pen Pals

I woke up the next morning not thinking anything, my mind was blank. I got breakfast for myself and laid around the house having no plans at all. I had the blinds open in the window in my bedroom so that when the mail person comes and goes I can run out and grab the mail before anyone else. After about 2 hours of doing nothing but watching videos of Loki Tik Toks on youtube I looked over and saw the mail van pull up to my house, put in the mail, then leave. I bolted out of my room and through the living room and out the door as fast as I could, not even worrying about possibly knocking over any of my family that might be in my way. I went to the mailbox and flipped through it one by one so I could find the one piece of mail that I had.

When I saw a green envelope in the mailbox and knew it had to be from him, I grabbed it the second I saw it and stood in front of the mailbox just staring at it and screaming "HOLY SHIT HE ACTUALLY WROTE BACK TO ME!? WHAT- HE-- HUH?! DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE ACTUALLY OFFICIALLY PEN PALS?!? IS WHAT TRINA SAID ACTUALLY TRUE RIGHT NOW?!?! I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TO ACTUALLY HAPPEN! I DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD ACTUALLY RESPOND BACK A SECOND TIME! I mean I was hopeful that he would but THIS TYPE OF SHIT ONLY HAPPENS IN STORIES! NOT REAL LIFE!".

I must have been standing out there for a long time cause suddenly I heard my mom calling out my name "Y/N! What are you doing?". It took me out of my trance just long enough for my brain to go into overdrive and make me bolt back into my room without even answering my mom. "Well what about the mail?!" she yelled out to me when I zipped past her, "You get it!" I responded, running in through the door and pushing it ajar behind me immediately regretting it because now it means that mom was gonna bother me as I'm trying to read the letter.

Once I was in my room I sat down at my desk and flipped over the envelope to open it then stopped immediately because I saw a gold rose stamp wax seal on the back and got very happy. 

I grabbed the bottom of the wax seal and gently lifted it up so that it wouldn't break and took it off the envelope and put it in my little Loki coffee mug that I had sitting in the corner of my desk, I thought I would start my own little collecti...

I grabbed the bottom of the wax seal and gently lifted it up so that it wouldn't break and took it off the envelope and put it in my little Loki coffee mug that I had sitting in the corner of my desk, I thought I would start my own little collection of all the wax stamps that I would get from him —just to have proof of something to brag about. I continued to take the letter out of the envelope to read, as I did that my mom and grandma busted into my room demanding why I was acting like Speedy fucking Gonzalez.

"What was that all about back there?" my mom and grandma both said at the same time.

"What do you mean what was that back there? I am always like that... just having a random burst of energy for no real reason, y'all know that. ADHD and all that."

They looked at me with the 'yeah right, don't bullshit us' look (you know, the one that all mothers have) "You know what we mean Y/N, why did you run out of the house the moment the mail person left?" my mom said. "Without even getting any of the mail" My grandma added.

I sighed because I knew that they weren't gonna leave me alone til they got an answer that satisfied them, so I figured I would just quickly catch them up with what I have been doing so I could get back to letter as fast as I could, "Ok so I am just gonna give you guys the short short version of why I was acting like Speedy Gonzalez. So basically the thing is... —I took a big inhale of breath, *the next part of this is to be read in a rushed demeanor*— when I wrote that first letter to Tom Hiddleston I put in a P.S at the bottom asking if he would like to be pen pals with me and when he wrote back to me he said he would like to be pen pals with me, so naturally I wrote to him again and as one normally would he responded and wrote to me again. So now this is our second exchange of letters and I think we are now officially pen pals -I exhaled my remaining breath and clapped my hands together in an 'all done' way *rushed part is over*— So there, is that good enough for you? Now, can you please go out now, so I can be my fan girl self and screech in delight whilst I read his letter that he wrote specifically for me?" I started walking towards them, shooing them out of my room not even letting them have the chance to speak again.