Feelings

I gave the pilot an extra 40 bucks as a thank you and an apology for having to keep going back and forth for my friend and me once we had landed back in my home state.

Trina was already waiting for me at the front of the pick up line once the plane had landed. We ran to each other and gave one another a huge bear hug. I put my bag in the back seat and sat in the front with Trina, then we made our way to get something to eat.

We found a Cracker Barrel nearby and stopped in there to eat and so I could have a best friend therapy session.

"So my dearest friend, what seems to be the problem?" Trina asked me in her best therapist impression voice.

"Me. I am the problem."

"Oh straight to the point. Got it. Well why do you think that is?"

"That's the problem! I have absolutely no idea!" I brushed my hands through my hair. "Why did I just throw away the opportunity that I and literally every Hiddlestoner has ever wanted?? There should be an angry mob out there wanting to kill me because I threw that once in a lifetime chance away."

"Hmm, all I can say is that you are most likely right about the angry mob thing. But look, you are also a hell of a lot closer to Tom than anyone else. I'm sure that will not be your only chance." Trina said, trying to comfort me while also ordering our food.

"Yeah I guess you're right about that. Oh wait! That reminds me, I have to let him know I landed safely-I took my phone out to text Tom and within less than 30 seconds he responded, "hmph he must've been just sitting down waiting for me." I said to myself while smiling out loud.

"He was waiting for you wasn't he?" Trina stated to my surprise.

"Wha-? How did you know that?"

"Your face says it all Y/n." Trina was taking in all the delight she could in seeing me in the stupid giddy state I was in.

"It was that obvious huh?"

"Oh yes. Yes it was."

"Sorry. It was just so expected of him. But anyway, back to the point."

"Right! Yes. The point! ... what was it again?"

I shook my head in a humored way. "We were trying to figure out why I am crazy for not taking a once in a lifetime chance with the Tom Hiddleston."

"Right right right. Ok so, do you think it was because you were scared? Maybe your mind was making it out to be more than what it actually was. What was the 'chance' anyway? You never really said."

"Oh I didn't? My bad, my 'chance' was to stay with him for the rest of the week and help him with his comic con tour." Trina looked slightly lost so I kept going. "Remember when we were last talking on the phone when I was still in Vegas and I said Tom looked upset from his phone call?"

"Yeah"

"Turns out that his manager was asking him to continue the Loki hostage act because it was such a huge hit back in Tennessee. So the 'chance' I had was to stay with him for the rest of the week while he was on tour."

"Ahhh. Yes, well I guess that is quite daunting. I know for sure that I would be terrified of that, with all the social anxiety that I have. But I mean you do know that Tom would never push your limits right? Like heck he even took you to his personal trailer  to recharge your social battery. And when we went to the restaurant he made sure to have us all sit in a booth in the backety-back so there would be less people around us."