The voice of one of the officers from the hospital earlier had filled the room. I looked at Mike who swiftly nodded, then at Lauren who nervously fidgeted with her fingers.

"There's nothing to be worried about girls. They said it's a typical procedure. This will all blow over soon." Lauren's dad said, Lauren's features seemed to relax after.

Soon the rain stopped and I headed home with Ally.

--

Lauren's POV

I woke up at noon the next day. Skipping school was necessary considering I had to go to the police station. But I was beyond nervous. It was scary. I know that I wasn't considered some kind of suspect or anything, but it terrified me to be in a police station.

I remember at a young age, I promised my mom I'd never end up there. Although, I'm there against my will. I know I didn't do anything wrong.

I hopped into the passenger seat of my car. "Don't be nervous kiddo, there's nothing to be nervous of." My dad spoke, his words always calmed me down. I held onto my breath as we stopped by Camila's house. She was already waiting for us. She opened the back door and nodded as she sat down.

"Thanks for the ride Mr. Jauregui. Nice to see you today Lauren." She politely smiled. My heart melted. She was so cute no matter what she said or did. My dad just nodded into the rear view mirror.

Once we arrived at the police station, my dad sighed, "don't say anything stupid. Be honest. And if you get nervous ask for water. That's my best advice." Me and Camila glanced at each other then left the car.

"Is that Sarah?" She smiled widely as we spotted a little figure talking to an officer. "I guess it is. I missed that little cutie." I said before I ran in and to Sarah. She looked up and examined me and Camila. She then jumped into my arms before I could process what was happening. I finally hugged back, "how are you doing?" I softly whispered into the little girl's ear. She pulled out of the hug and gave me a big smile, "better now that I see you and Cammy!" She shouted. I laughed softly at her nickname for Camila. She then went over and began conversing with Camila.

"Lauren Jauregui, over here." An officer led me into a small dark, interrogation room. I held my breath as I sat down and stared at the glass of water that was on the table.

"Lauren, nice to see you. How are you?" Someone spoke, disturbing my thoughts. A tall man, with a uniform sat across from me with a notepad. He kept clicking his pen as he studied my face.

"Better." I mumbled. He was able to pick up on my answer then smiled, "great. Let's get started. I'm going to ask you a couple of questions, and I need to you answer as honestly and best as you can." He said. I nodded and shifted to make myself more comfortable in my chair.

"Is it true that you were in the bathroom when you discovered the fire?" He asked.

"Yes I was." I answered. So far, if the questions are all like this. It'll be pretty easy to answer them.

"Were you with anyone?" He asked as he jotted down some notes.

"Camila Cabello and her friend." I answered. This felt a lot more like an interrogation as the questions continued.

"What caused you to separate from Ms. Cabello and her friend?" The questions seemed to become more targeted.

"I... Um. There was a flaming block of concrete that divided me from my friends." I stuttered. He picked up on my speech and began to jot some more notes.

"Why are you stuttering? Nervous?" He asked. He was getting more anxious on trying to crack me. But I began to answer in a more shallow way to defend myself.