Clipped wings

Everything happened in a blur since the engagement.
I remember feeling it was all surreal and wishing it didn't happen.
I lay in my bed looking at the proof in my left hand.

"I'm engaged" .
A tear fell down my cheek which I wiped as fast as I could,  I didn't wanna cry anymore.

I mean I never expected to find love but I atleast wanted to have a say in choosing my own partner.. too much to ask ?
Or atleast be told beforehand by dad..

But nothing
I don't deserve even that apparently

Tan isn't so bad to tolerate I guess , there's many bad guys out there.. I should see it positively.

But then I gulped thinking how Tan used to treat Rachel..

"I'm screwed" I sighed and pulled blanket over my head and I fell asleep

....

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school.
I was contemplating if I should remove the engagement ring or not.
I didn't yet know what all is going through Tan's head and I'm done being bitchy and mad at him.

Or at anyone

I don't got the energy to have an argument too so I decided to keep it on.

When I reached the school I walked in slowly , hoping that no one notices me.

I came late today so I entered a relatively more chaotic classroom with everyone chilling and talking to each other all around the room.

Choi young do wasn't there yet , I glanced at his seat and then at Tan's , who also wasn't there.

I sat at my seat and waited for the class to start, that's when Tan entered the class looking vibrant. It didn't take his gaze to take more than a millisecond to shift where I sit and he smirked looking directly into my eyes.

That made me chuckle because it was that face that he makes when he brags something about how good he looks  and how handsome he is, I always used to Burst out laughing and it pissed him so much until he ends up laughing too.

I looked back down at my desk so he doesn't see me smile.
Girls had surrounded him the moment he was noticed.

Thankfully for me.

I overheard the conversation because they were so damn loud with their screams.

"Tan ! Are you single again ??"
"Would you Wanna hang out later ?"
"We should totally go on a date"
Said multiple girls making me wanna wish I had my earbuds on me at the moment

I sighed and looked at them to meet his  eyes fixated on me with no emotion on his face.
I tried to look elsewhere to break the intense emotion I felt from him, this is when I saw another pair of eyes looking directly at me Standing at the entrance of the class.

Young do started approaching me , one of his hands was in his pocket and the other ran through his hair as he kept our eye contact and that's when he winked at me, making my stomach feel giddy with unwanted excitement and my cheeks turned red.

When he was close enough he said
"Did you think about what I said , Y/n?"
He asked as he leaned back on the desk beside me.

"I.." I started only to hear a collective gasp from all the girls who had been simping over Tan and I found them all with shock written all over their faces.

"You got engaged again??!" One girl screamed.

I felt my right hand being grabbed by Young do
"I'm serious Y/n , I really want you to -"

"To who?" Another girl screeched
This made me totally not concentrate on what Young do was saying and I wanted to run to the restroom.

"Excuse me" I stood up abruptly and tried storming out but he didn't budge and I couldn't leave.

"Let me go" I tried to jerk his hand away.

"No, I need an answer"

"Right here?"

He nodded and i felt people watching us from all around.
That's when my left hand go grabbed as well and ofcourse it was Tan.

"Let her go" he glared at him and Young glared back.

Young chuckled and said in a playful voice. "No you let go, don't you have a new fiance ?gonna cheat on her so soon ?"

Oh no

Tan chuckled back and said "I'm right where I wanna be and this time around-"

He paused to shift his gaze at me and his eyes softened as he continued

"-I love my fiance and I will never cheat on her" he declared as my eyes grew wider and my cheeks hotter.

"Go on then , leave y/n" Young do was starting to sound annoyed.

This is when I felt my hand being lifted slowly by Tan to show off the ring on my finger as he said with a smirk on his face.

"You should be the one to leave , because I will never leave Y/N" he said making everyone gasp as they started to understand.

Young do left my hand and I looked up to see hurt in his eyes as he looked back at me and everything that has presented itself.

I jerked my hand from Tan's grasp only to be pulled by him to his side with his arm around my shoulder.

"I and Y/n are engaged and this is why I broke off my engagement with Rachel, because I'm In love with Y/n" he said making me gasp as well.

For real ? I was the entire reason ? I thought there were many factors!
And did he ask how I felt? No
Because he doesn't care how I feel?!!
No one cares how I feel !!?

I felt sad

"But does she love you ?..." I heard Young do' s frustrated voice and my head shot up in his direction.

"Y/N , are you okay with this ? Are you happy?"
He continued as he grabbed my hand back and I found nothing but concern in his eyes... for me?

My eyes started to tear up seeing someone for the first time cared about what I want or feel and I jerked my hand away from them both and ran out the classroom.

He cares..