Chapter 15

Warning: smut!

They left me in my room for hours. At some point my parents came home but they weren't given permission to enter their own house. My windows were shattered and I found already blown up smoke bombs in the corners of my room but except of moving my weight from my knees to my ass I haven't moved at all. I could hear my mother crying and my father screaming, demanding either entrance or letting me out. I couldn't bring myself to care about how scared they were right now. They were safe, they weren't hurt. Different to Nyx, who was probably being tortured right now. And it was all my fault. If I hadn't engaged with Eris, nothing would have happened. But yet again, I couldn't really blame myself for that. Eris and I were mates. It was inevitable. But still, I found myself feeling guilty.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket and with shaking fingers I reached for it to turn it off. My fingers brushed over the little bulge on the front of my pants. The pendant was still in my pocket. I wanted to leave. Rhys and Feyre needed to know what happened to their son. I wouldn't be able to rescue Nyx myself. But his family wouldn't rest until they had him back. Suddenly I remembered who my friends really were. The most powerful High Lord in history, the very first High Lady and savior of the land, the two best Illyrian warriors, The Morrigan — one of the best female warriors, the walking library, death herself and a seer. And they had powerful friends as well. I had a powerful friend. Eris was the future High Lord, a general and owner of the hounds.

Fumbling the pendant out of my pocket, I stared at it for a second, worrying that I made the right decision.

„Fuck it." My voice was barely audible. I put the necklace on and started talking in my mind, as fast as I could.

Eris, I need your help. Tell Nesta to come and get me, I am in my room. She has to be fast, Nyx has been kidnapped, I'll explain when I'm there. Don't contact me, I mean it! Please. I thought so hard about Eris during my inner monologue, hoping that this pendant worked through worlds, before I finished and ripped the necklace off my neck and pushed it back in my pocket. I hope he had heard me, I begged God and the Mother and the Cauldron that they would do that for Nyx. Not for me, this wasn't about me. It was only about Nyx. He was so young, he had such a long life before him, he was the future of the Night Court. He needed to live! It took a few seconds before the door I was leaning against, rattled with a hard knock.

„What did you do?" Someone shouted through the door. I knew they would sense it. I crawled away from the door and pulled myself up, as far as possible away from my door. The wood opened and Agent Pipe stood in the door, two men with guns behind him. I flinched as I saw them.

„What did you do?" he repeated. I only looked at him wary, ready to jump out of the window if he came too close. I would break my legs but I would survive.

„Our sensors sensed more of this energy, so don't lie to us." I didn't say anything and Pipe sighed.

„You are dismissed." At first I thought he meant me, but then the two soldiers turned around and left.

„Amber, please." he said.

„We know he has spelled you with something. We want to help you but you have to let us." I almost laughed. He thought they forced me to protect them. It was hilarious. Still, I didn't answer and only prayed silently.

„You are safe now, Amber. Nothing will happen to you and your family. We will help you and heal you." He took a step into the room and I clenched my fists.

„Tell me what just happened." His voice was so gentle and relaxing.

„And we can help you." I felt it the second he did, his eyes widening in surprise. I welcomed it. Tasting the metal of magic on my tongue, smelling it in the air, I smiled in relief as Nesta appeared next to me, in full Illyrian leather and her sword stripped around her back. Her arm curled around my waist. Agent Pipe's shocked and scared face was the last thing I saw before she hurled us away, using the tropes to bring us to Prythian.