Chpater 5

5

I didn't pack much except for clothing. I couldn't use technology there, of course I took my phone but I would only be able to use it as long as the battery lasted. I didn't even went home on the last day of school, instead I took my bag with me and after school I went to meet up with Nesta behind the gym. She brought me into Feyre's house where I would be staying. She said that Nyx was at Windhaven and that he would come home later. Then she left me alone to unpack my stuff. It was only a guest room yet it was equally beautiful as the rest of the house.
I put my clothes into the big wooden dresser on the right site of the room. Next to it stood a slim shelve filled with books. The big bed was standing on the left, the foot end sticked out into the middle space of the room. Across from the door was a big window with a long window sill. Inbetween the bed and the wall with the window stood a little bedsite table. A desk with a widemirror above it stood on the right side next to the door. Paper and different pens were put on the desk, I guess Feyre did it since she gave me drawing lessons. I wasn't gifted with talent of painting with colors but my simple drawings weren't too bad.
It didn't took long to put all my stuff away so I made my way down the stairs into the kitchen. There I found Elain and one of the twins. I could never tell them apart, probably because I was human and didn't see any differences.
They both baked something, probably a cake.
"Hey." I smiled. Elain smiled back at me and the twin gave me a nod, concentrated on her work.
"There are some fruits in the cupboard." she said and my smile grew wider.
"Thank you." I didn't eat today yet so my stomach was pretty empty. In the cupboard I found apples, peaches, pears, strawberries and more. I picked out an apple and a peach, biting in the latter. The first bite of food whenever I went back to Prythian was always the best. Food in my world was almost tastless compared to this. So tasting this was ... almost like an orgasmn. And I loved peaches.
"We're having a family dinner tonight." Elain said, her eyes shining in warm brown.
"Any wishes?"
"Oh no, I am fine. Don't worry." Elain just grinned.
"Maybe some peaches?" Oh, she was way too sweet.
"Maybe." I agreed.
I didn't want to interrupt them any longer so I left again, eating my fruits on the way into the city. I actually felt kind of lonely, everyone being busy with something. And Velaris was way too beautiful to stay in my room and wait for Nyx to return. So I decided to visit someone. I walked towards the Rainbow where I shortly after found my target.
Feyre's studio was brightly filled with children, the feeling of coldness from the autumn wind vanishing almost instantly. I felt the eyes of the children on me. I've never been here when they were here. I wondered how they thought of me since I was sure none of them had seen a human before.
"Amber!" Feyre was covered in paint, just like the children sitting around her. She gave me a warm smile.
"Am I interrupting?" I asked, not wanting to bother her.
"Of course not!" she said and waved me towards her.
"Who is that?" A boy asked. His skin was like bark and he looked like he was around nine years old. But since he wasn't High Fae I was sure he was way older than me. The aging of lesser faeries always confused me. My mind couldn't wrap around the fact that a child was only a child with the mind of child yet being sixty years old or something.
"That's Amber." Feyre smiled as I took a seat next to her peaking at the painting. It showed a woman sitting on a stone looking into the distance.
"She's the best friend of my son and a dear friend of mine." I smiled at her.
"But isn't she human?" another one asked, a girl with light blue skin. I could see webbed feet between her fingers. Her green eyes looked at me with curiosity.
"I was human too once." Feyre reminded her.
"Do you have magic?" One boy asked. I shook my head.
"Sadly no but I would love to." Having some kind of magic would be pretty awesome.
"I can winnow!" the boy exclaimed brightly.
"Really? Then you must be really strong." I remebered Nyx telling me not every Fae could winnow. Only the powerful ones.
"My father says I am the pride of our family." The little boy was so excited and happy it made me happy as well.
"I am sure you are."
"How is it like to be human?" The boy with the wooden skin asked me. That was a good question, really.
"I don't know how to describe it. I am just ... a little bit like you. But I am not strong or fast. I can't see as far and can't hear so well. And I age way more fastly. I am nineteen years old and when I am lucky I'll get to be around eighty to ninety."
"But I am eighty-two!" the boy said.
"That must be so annoying." I nodded.
"Oh yes, it is."