xxᴠ. ᴀᴍᴀʀᴀɴᴛʜᴀ

Start from the beginning

Coach Hedge ripped off his canary yellow jacket, which was now on fire, and bleated angrily. "I liked that outfit!" Then he raised his club and charged, too.

Before they could get very far, Enceladus slammed his spear against the ground. The entire mountain shook.

The shockwave sent everyone back, Amarantha took the tipped arrow and managed to lodge it into the the ground to keep her from flying back foot after foot.

The girl glanced up carefully at her sister who thankfully rolled on her shoulder and got to her feet helping Piper up as well. Leo was sprawled on the ground as well but got up after sparing her a quick look and a short nod as if to say ' he was okay ' and a thumbs up to the side questioningly. She sent him a short nod back before turning around trusting in him to get done whatever he needs done.

Coach Hedge was knocked out cold.
He'd fallen forward and hit his head on a log. His furry hindquarters were sticking straight up, with his canary yellow pants around his knees - a view no one needed -

The giant bellowed, "I see you, Piper McLean!" He turned and blew fire at a line of bushes to Leo's right. Amarantha forced herself to not freak out even if her heart felt seconds from spontaneously combusting now that the giant also spotted Piper, and by association, her sister.

Piper ran into the clearing like a flushed quail, the underbrush burning behind her.

Enceladus laughed. "I'm happy you've arrived. And you brought me my prizes!"
Amarantha's gut churned and her anger grew. This was the moment Piper had warned them about. They'd played right into Enceladus's hands. And as much as Amarantha knew they shouldn't have come for this specific reason, they had to. For Piper.

For family.

The giant must've seen something looking at leo based on what he said next,"That's right, son of Hephaestus. I didn't expect you all to stay alive this long, but it doesn't matter. By bringing you here, Piper McLean has sealed the deal. If she betrays you, I'm as good as my word. She can take her father and go. What do I care about a movie star?"

"Dad!" Piper yelled.

Mr. McLean blinked, trying to focus. "Pipes..? Where..."

Calliope drew an arrow and piper pulled her dagger then faced Enceladus angrily. "Let him go!"

"Of course, dear," The giant rumbled.
"Swear your loyalty to me, and we have no problem. Only these others must die."

Piper looked back and forth between the others and her dad. Amarantha wanted to have faith in Piper like everyone else clearly did, but she'd learned one too many times not to trust anyone.

But what is family without trust?

"He'll kill you," Amarantha warned drawing the giants attention to her who smirked. "You can't trust him! He'll kill both of you as soon as you're of no use to him. They always do."

"Oh, come now," Enceladus bellowed. "You know I was born to fight Athena herself? Mother Gaea made each of us giants with a specific purpose, designed to fight and destroy a particular god. I was Athena's nemesis, the anti Athena, you might say.
Compared to some of my brethren I am small! But I am clever. And I keep my bargain with you, Piper McLean. It's part of my plan!"

Everyone was on back on their feet now, weapons ready; but before anyone could act, Enceladus roared a call so loud it echoed down the valley and was probably heard all the way to San Francisco.