xxᴠ. ᴀᴍᴀʀᴀɴᴛʜᴀ

      ᴛhe plan derailed within seconds of dispersing

ᴛhe plan derailed within seconds of dispersing. Piper scrambled along the ridge, trying to keep her head down, Calliope behind her ushering the girl along like a mom in Walmart, while Leo, Jason, Amarantha and Coach Hedge walked straight into the clearing.

Jason summoned his golden lance.

"Oh can I do it? Percy always gets to do the dumb stuff." Amarantha asked Jason. "I have some choice words I'd like to say."

Jason nodded at her skeptically and Leo glanced at her warily as she smiled manically with her purple eyes. Amarantha confidently called on her weapon of choice and waved it around as she yelled," Hey you over grown bag of wet hair!"

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames. He turned toward them and grinned, revealing fangs like a saber toothed Neman lion which Amarantha had actually had a run in with. - 10/10 wouldn't recommend -

"Well," The giant rumbled with a knowing look. "What a nice surprise."

Leo stepped sideways and Amarantha urged herself to not look back at him assuming he had a plan and hadn't wet his pants or something.

Coach Hedge shouted, "Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake! Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your-"

"Coach," Amarantha gritted lowly. "Stuff your hoof in your mouth."

Enceladus roared with laughter."I've forgotten how funny satyrs are.
When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge frowned at Leo. "I don't think that was a compliment."

Enceladus opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow.

"Scatter!" Leo yelled.

Jason, Amara, and Hedge dove to the left as the giant blew fire a furnace blast nearly hotter than Greek fire.

Amarantha landed on her hands and knees coughing from the dirt and debris only giving herself a couple seconds to recover before using the unsettled dust to her advantage and charging to the left and shooting an arrow at the giant. Jason charged as well with his lance and Amarantha covered long range while Jason was up close. Startlingly they fell into a nice rhythm almost like the one she'd pick up with Annabeth and her dagger.