x. ᴀᴍᴀʀᴀɴᴛʜᴀ

      ᴀmarantha didn't know what she was expecting when she inevitably woke up no matter the void of a dream she'd had where the whispers haunted her but falling out of the sky wasn't on the list

marantha didn't know what she was expecting when she inevitably woke up no matter the void of a dream she'd had where the whispers haunted her but falling out of the sky wasn't on the list.

But she knew to expect one thing.

If her fear of heights hadn't returned after this, she didn't know if it was possible she couldn't get out of this without fearing being off the ground for more than a few feet at a time.

Her headphones and Walkman would've been lost had the device not been tucked into her bag while her headphones hit her head from the pressure of the air. Her heart beat was in her ears roaring like an hungry tiger accompanied by the taunting of the wind. She spied Leo tumbling past her and she tried to grip onto the boy as the sight of Festus streaking past them flashed by her in a glimmer of bronze but she hadn't been fast enough and he tumbled by screaming at the top of his lungs. "Not coooooool!"

Far below she saw city lights glimmering in the early dawn. It was hard to control her fear, but she did what he said and regained some balance. She fell spread eagle like a skydiver that she'd seen when Percy had taken her and Annabeth to the skydiving simulator for the daughter of wisdoms birthday, the wind underneath her like a solid block of ice. Then Jason was there, wrapping his arms around her waist.

But Amara caught a glimpse of her sister diving towards her. "Get Piper, I'll be fine." She shouted over the wind and he looked at her incredulously.

"Did I hear you right?"

"Yes, you can't hold all of us." He hesitated squeezing her closer to him but she pushed herself away. "Go!" Piper was further up only a few feet above Leo waving her arms as screams left her lips and Jason dove after her while Amara's night in shining white wings rammed into her with much less grace.

"Sorry." She squealed having knocked the wind out of them both. Hah, "I over estimated the dive."

"Come on Cupid let's get down there before I piss my pants." Calliope choked out a cross between a giggle and a snort, her usual laugh which would've made her sister smile had it not been for the near death experience they would've had if her sister wasn't a winged eagle disguised as a beautiful dove.