Chapter Thirteen: The Rave'N

Wednesday POV:

This past week has been a whirlwind after I found out about Y/n's parents. I am still contemplating murdering them but she wont give me their location. I even went to principal Weems's office for the files and they are locked away and I can't get to them. I lay in bed waiting to get ready for tonight, Enid and Y/n have decided to get ready together. They have gotten really close too, they haven't seen what I am wearing. I have kept it hidden from the both of them. I looked at the time on my phone and it was time to get ready. I walk to the bathrooms and I take a shower carefully washing everything. I quickly get out of the shower, drying out my hair and putting it into a braided bun. After I dry myself off I walk out of the bathroom and I take out my suit laying it on the bed, I put on my pants and I quickly button up my black shirt. I put on my vest then I wrap the silver tie around my neck. My alarm rings and I need to put a pep in my step. I put on my black boots and I grab my jacket and I walk out the door and to the party. I see Weems and Thornhill standing out front with the room starting to fill.

"Weems, Thornhill, how are you tonight?"

"Wow Wednesday you look incredible. I am good, thank you." Weems says and I smile tugging at the jacket.

"Wednesday she's right, you look amazing. Y/n is going to love it." Thornhill says and I smile.

"She wouldn't tell me what she was wearing. She got ready with Enid today." They both have a wide grin on their faces.

"You will love it I promise." We hold a conversation for a little while longer when I hear my name being called out from behind me. I turn around away from the stairs and I see Bianca walking toward me.

"Hello Bianca, you look wonderful tonight."

"Thank you Wednesday and you look handsome if I do say so myself."

"Thank you." Soon Divinia and Yoko walk up to us and we start a conversation.

"So, when will we actually hang out with your girlfriend? she's kind of avoiding us." Yoko states.

"She's just having a hard time fitting in here and it doesn't help that you guys bombarded her with questions before she could even get a word out of her mouth." All three of them look sheepish. "She wants to hang out with you guys but would appreciate it if she didn't get a whiplash trying to listen to all of you at once."

"We will be nicer, we promise." Divinia says and her eyes drift off behind me and soon all of their eyes do. I turn around to see what they are staring at. I see Y/n and Enid walking down the steps. My mouth goes dry at Y/n, she is wearing a black to silver dress that goes over one shoulder and stops right above the knee.

"Wow." I whisper, she gets right in front of me before I realize how close she was. "Y/n. You look perfect." A blush comes across her face and she looks even better.

"You're wearing a suit." I fumble with the jacket, starting to feel a little worried that she didn't like it. "Don't play with it, it looks perfect on you" she takes my hands in hers to make me stop playing with it. We stand in silence just looking at each other smiling.

"Are you ready to go in?" She nods her head and we walk into the party and I spot Weems and Thornhill watching us with a smile on their face. I watch Y/n lean forward and whispers in my ear. 

"Weems and Thornhill are watching us. Do you think that they are going to get together tonight or do we have to push them to get them to dance?"

"We are going to have to push them"

Y/N Pov

"We are going to have to push them" I say back and I smile at the thought of them together. Enid grabs my hand and drags me to the dance floor while Wednesday grabs us drinks. After dancing for a while I see Xavier sit down next to Wednesday and I feel jealousy bubble in the pit of my stomach. I look at Enid and she looks at me confused.

"Y/n are you okay?"

"Do I have anything to be worried about with that?" she looks over to where I nudge my head. I see her eyes narrow and she frowns a little.

"No, I don't think so. Wednesday has told him off before she will say it again. I don't know how he doesn't get the hint." I nod my head.

"I'm gonna go over there." She smiles and I get off the dance floor and I make my way over to her and she smiles at me. "Excuse me Xavier, I would like to sit down next to my date please." I say with jealousy laced in my voice. Wednesday raises an eyebrow and smirks. He scoffs and gets up to walk away. I move the chair next to her and I sit down. 

"Jealous Cara Mia?"

"Not at all"

"I for some very odd reason don't believe you." I feel the heat rise up in my cheeks and I look away. "Don't look away, it's a good look on you. But you have nothing to worry about, I didn't like him then. I don't like him now and I don't like him tomorrow. I like you, that's why I'm here with you, you're the one I want." I take a deep breath and I lay my head on her shoulders. The rest of the night goes on with us dancing to a couple songs, Enid and Wednesday twirling around the room together smiling and laughing. I see Larissa standing by herself looking a little bit uncomfortable. I walk over there and I smile at her.

"Where's Marilyn?" She looks at me and raises her eyebrow at me.

"She's gone to get some fresh air. Not that I care though."

"Larissa I have known you for a while now and I know for a fact that that is just not true. I have seen the way you look at her because it's the same way I look at Wednesday. The night is almost over, she is too scared to ask but you need to ask her to dance with you."

"What if she says no?"

"Do you really want to go through life saying what if? If you don't do this now you will never do it. I know it's not my place but you deserve to be happy too." A slow song starts to play and I see Wednesday walk over to me with a smile on her face.

"May I have this dance Cara Mia?" she says, holding out her hand. I smile and I slide my hand into hers.

"Yes you may." we walk to the dance floor and she wraps one arm around my waist and pulls me close and tangles our free hand together. We rest our foreheads together, I close my eyes and I let her lead the dance.

"You look so beautiful." She says, I pull away and she kisses my forehead.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For everything, for being my date. For being there for me."

"I will always be there for you whenever you need me. I was scared the first time when I got close to you because I didn't want my relationship to look like theirs. They always look so sick in love, But Y/n I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life."

"I was scared when you found out about my childhood you would leave. But when I saw the rage in your eyes I knew that you wouldn't leave. You have broken my walks quicker than most people can, the only other person I feel safe around besides you is Larissa. She feels like my mom when I don't have one. And Enid, god Enid is like the sister I always wanted. Nevermore is my home and you are my family." I feel the tears build up in my eyes and a tear falls and Wednesday wipes the tear and smiles. We stop dancing and we just stand there smiling looking into each other's eyes. I lean in and I give her a chaste kiss and I lean back with wide eyes. She smiles and she places her hand on my cheek and rubs her thumb a little.

"Can I kiss you?" she says and I nod my head, she smiles and we both lean in for a kiss. She gives me multiple kisses and I laugh. She leans back in and this time we kiss more passionately.