INTERMISSION: Hope and Berries, Musketeers and Despair (PART SIX)

Start from the beginning

Next, fractures. Lou was pretty easily able to heal Kokichi's fractures remotely. Healing magic is much easier and more precise when done through touch, on top of using less power, but in this specific instance, that was obviously physically impossible. Nonetheless, within six minutes and nine seconds, Oma's skeleton was back to normal.

And finally, the arrows. Lou firmly wrapped her fingers around the arrow piercing through Kokichi's right arm, deciding on healing that one first. She took a deep breath, tightened her grip, and swiftly pulled it out. The arrow fell to the floor as Lou clasped her hand over the wound, concentrated on her power, and quickly healed the wound, not even leaving a scar.

They were about to move onto the second and final arrow, but then Oma's eyes fluttered open.

"Shit," Lou hissed as he regained consciousness.

Kokichi took a deep breath. "Woah," he murmured, finding his voice, "where the hell am I...?" His dark violet eyes met Lou's mossy green irises. "Who are...?"

"Lou the Kidney Bean," Lou answered. "A.K.A. The Author. You're in an alternate dimension created through the power of my literal imagination."

Kokichi furrowed his brows, slowly sitting up. "I... normally I'd say something snarky here, but I'm really out of it, so... what."

"Yeah, I know; it's a long story on at least three separate levels." Lou sighed. "Anyway, I'm trying to revive you and your buddies, and I'm almost done. Only thing is..."

He reached around his back, gingerly touching the arrow. "Oh. Got it."

"Yeah."

Kokichi turned his back to Lou. "Just get it over with."

Hesitantly, Lou wrapped their fingers around the arrow. "I'm going to take this out, then use my powers to heal it, 'kay?"

Kokichi silently nodded.

Lou bit their lip, ripping out the arrow. Oma choked back a yelp. Lou tenderly covered the wound with their hand and quickly began healing it. Oma took a shaky breath as Lou let go, the wound gone.

He softly laughed. "Holy shit, I'm alive."

"You're welcome, by the way," Lou said with a smirk, crossing the room to help the final injured Danganronpa character.

Lou and Kokichi had an... interesting conversation while the former healed Komaeda. Just after Lou managed to remove all the poison from Nagito's body and yeet it into the Bottomless Pit, Kokichi told his first lie since coming back from the dead. Well, the first as far as Lou knew.

"Oh my God! You know, he was my childhood best friend. We haven't seen each other in years!"

"And there's the lying little bitch we all know and love," Lou remarked.

"Aw, don't ruin my fun too much, Kidney Bean," Kokichi said with a smirk.

And so, Lou remotely healed the lacerations on Nagito's stomach and thighs. Rapidly running out of MP, she decided to conserve energy by healing the last few cuts on his arms and hand by touch. She hadn't noticed, but Nagito began to stir as soon as she started with the stab wound on his hand. He was conscious enough to speak up once she moved onto patching up his left forearm. (Yeah, somehow robo-but-first-Junko-arm just... didn't happen? Whatever, anyway:)

"Wha... What is this... hopeful warmth flowing through me?" he softly asked. "Is this an afterlife? Ah, trash like me doesn't deserve this... any of this..." It was then that his vision cleared and he actually realized he was in a sort-of hospital wing. Kokichi was sitting on his own bed right across from Komaeda, grinning.