30. Strong Girls Don't Cry

Comenzar desde el principio

"It's a restaurant in Area 1. Gold wants to see you"

"Okay"

We left my house and got to the next street where a black Venza was waiting for us.

"Are you sure you're not trying to kidnap me?" I half joked.

"I wouldn't dare. Justin and Elijah will kill me if I even conceive that thought" he chuckled.

The two of us got into the back seat of the car.

Leaving Nigeria was a little exciting for me at first as a little girl. My first days in a new land were exhilarating, infact I loved it. It was just mom and I. Mom stepped out of the picture at some point and I was all alone and then our little family grew, though I wasn't pleased with that.
Then we had to move back to Nigeria and start all afresh. I had to leave my friends, leave the life I was at peace with, a life that I had a little bit of control over what happened, a life that I could be myself without any worries, a life that I had friends who understood me even better than I understood myself, a life with minimal complications, a life _.

The buzzing of my phone interrupted my thoughts.

"Hello Kim"

"Hi, sugar plum"

"Please don't call me that" I groaned at her.

She giggled, "What about sugar pie?"

"Rhys is fine"

"What is wrong? You don't sound happy"

"I got suspended and my mom is ready to bring down the roof on my head"

"Oh. Why did you get suspended?"

"Cat fight"

She chuckled, "Over a guy is it?"

"Yeah. Sort of. Some silly girl thought I was hooking with her boyfriend"

"Ow! Was it Brenda?"

"Regina"

"Well I didn't expect that from her. I thought she was this kind of classy girl that was mature and all"

"She is. Someone set her against you" Jake said and I looked at him.

"Is that Justin?" Kim chirped.

"No, it's Jake"

"Jakey! How are you? I've heard so much about you guys from Rhys" she said cheerfully.

"I'm fine, Kim. How are you?"

"I am doing great. How do you know someone set Gina up against Rhys?"

"Well that's what Elijah said. He is not certain but he's trying to figure something out"

"So what is Justin saying about this?" Kim asked.

"I don't know" he shrugged. "Since he and Elijah's fight, he's been ignoring the rest of us. Elijah even tried to warn Justin about this but he wouldn't listen"

"Why are they fighting?" Kim asked curiously.

"I don't know. Neither of them is willing to say anything but Elijah seems chill about it"

"Maybe it's nothing serious but it could be or maybe not or maybe" she said and giggled at her own silliness. "What is your mom saying about your suspension?"

"Mad is an understatement. She hasn't even cared to ask me what happened! No matter how reckless or rebellious I am, I've never done anything like that! She didn't even care to ask me what happened! I've been stressed these past days.