Marcus had asked me out on dates repeatedly over the last few years. I rejected him, each time with a new excuse. He was a great guy and any woman would be lucky to have him. But, that woman wasn't me.

I leaned on the bar, exhaustion washed over me. ''How about this. The moment I decide to settle down, I'll call you?''

He laughed it off. ''You better.''

We both knew that was a lie. I had only one man in my heart, and that man was no longer in my life, and would never be again. I did a reckless thing, and lost everything I once cherished. It took me two years to finally feel guilty, but by the time I regretted my actions, it was far too late.

Instead, I welcomed a new life and new opportunities with open arms, away from everything that I once knew. Change was good, change was needed in life. Especially in my life. I'd lived through hell, and died.

I had another chance at living the life to the fullest, and I wasn't going to let it go to waste.

Soon enough, it was closing time. We had cleaning ladies come in very early in the morning, however, cleaning behind the bar and getting it ready for the morning shift was the bartenders duty. I told the waiters to go, since I had made quite a mess that needed to be taken care of.

By the time I'd finished, it was two in the morning. I lived a block away from the club, and thankfully, the town was much safer than New York had ever been. Not once did I fear for my safety whilst walking home alone at night.

Granted, bad people were everywhere, and crime happened in every country and town in the world, but the statistics were undeniable. For the first time since I was sixteen, I felt truly safe.

Whilst I was walking, I noticed two people in front of me. They seemed to be a couple and they were laughing, chatting, having the night of their lives. I smiled to myself. It was nice that at least someone was able to live the romance life I'd dreamed of.

However, the closer they were getting to me, the more familiar they were. Their walk, their figures, their voices.

By the time I'd realized what was happening, it was too late. I froze in spot, eyes widened.

The two of them mimicked my actions, their eyes widened, faces pale as if they'd seen a ghost. No one spoke, and the chill air was too suffocating. Slowly, I took a step back.

The girl's eyes flickered from my face, to my uniform, eyes slowly narrowing. I'd recognize those blue eyes and blonde hair anywhere.

''Freya?'' She whispered softly.

I took another step back. ''I'm sorry, you have me confused with someone else.''

Why the fuck were they in London? No, no. Why the fuck did I have the world's worst luck? Out of anyone in the world, I had to run into them. The two people I used to care about a lot.

''How the hell...'' The man spoke, doubt in his voice. Not once did he look away, as if he was afraid that I was an illusion that would disappear the moment his eyes drifted away.

I couldn't move my body. As the wind blew, I felt Cora's signature perfume. It hit my nose unexpectedly, and I was on the verge of tears. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, and took another step back. It took all the strength in my body to make the move.

I smiled. ''I probably have one of those familiar faces.''

Their confusion soon turned into anger. Cora wasn't a pretty woman when she was angry and she wore her heart on her sleeve. Every single atom of strength was poured into the look of pure fury she'd thrown my way.