ONE

Shifting from one place to another is always a hell of a ride and especially when you shift from one city to another, things are bit hard, but somehow you managed and things went smooth for you, you moved in to a 2BHK apartment in a lavish area, not that you come from a rich family, you actually bought this apartment from your Dad's insurance money, his savings, all of your fortune as he always wanted for you and your Mom to live in a comfortable apartment where you can see the beautiful view of the Han river, holding a cup of tea, sipping on it and forgetting about all your worries, atleast for a second, escaping from reality, living in the moment.  For you it was love at first sight, the moment you saw this apartment you thought to yourself that no matter what you are going to have it. 

Anyway, finally today you are moving in. Maybe the apartment is lucky for you or it just your luck, after buying it, you cleared your degree and eventually got accepted in a renowned company.
Picking up the last carton box of your items with both of your hands, "Done... I'll transfer you the money online." you sent off the truck which as filled with your furniture and other items two hours back. You walked in and stand infront of the lift trying to figure out how to press the button to open it. Thankfully right at that moment the door of the lift opens and a man walks out, you walked inside the lift. And here comes the trouble of buttons again. You cursed youself underneath your breath, bit your lower lip before calling out for that stranger, who was almost near the main door of the building. "Excuse me?" You almost screamed.

He stopped in his track, his hand was gripping on the handle of the door when he turns his attention towards you. "Sorry to disturb you..but can you please... actually the items in this box are quite fragile, I can't keep it on the floor...can you please help me with the button..." You said while hesitating. He stands there in his position for few secs and after giving you bit of an irritating look, he walks up to you and without saying anything points his hands towards those buttons in the lift, you replied in an instant "eleven..."

He gave you another look and scanned you from up to down and vise verse to your answer 'eleven' as if you were going to move in in his house. Anyway after scanning you, he taps on the button symbolising eleventh floor and walks out shoving his hand inside his pockets without waiting for you to say 'thank you'. You thought of that attitude as a 'rich people kinda thing' and rolled your eyes while the lift door closes.

Later that day after setting up your appartment, your Mom forces you to accompany her to distribute rice cakes among your neighbours. You pressed the calling bell of the first door, no body opens it and after knocking on the second door, you get to know from the couple living there that two apartments are vacant, which left you with the last apartment exactly opposite to yours. You pressed the calling bell, and after sometime, someone opens the door while chaining it. It was a kid, she looked some five years old or something. Holding a softie in one hand and a lolipop in the other, she peeks out at you with her cute dark brown eyes and aske "Dugo sayo?"
"Hey! Sweety... what's your name?" "Min-Aah" "Is your Mommy home?" You replied smiling to her. She remains silent for a few secs and replies "She don't livs with us...Appa told me...that Eomma doesn't loves me that's why she left me and Appa.." she sounded low and her eyes became watery, she was about to cry. And that's when you realise that asking about her Mom was not a good option for you and so the next moment you changed the topic. "Actually we moved in today..." You said pointing towards your apartment. You further added "So..here are some rice cakes...they are really tasty...enjoy them with your family.." this time you said 'family' for the safe side. She was such a cutie that you felt bad for making her almost cry so before she could close the door after saying 'thankyou', "Wait a minute." You said ran inside your place and came back to her after two minutes with a packet of dark chocolate. "Here...take this...they are very tasty I hope you'll love them...they are very pretty too...heart shaped.." "Heart shaped!" She exclaimed as her eyes brighten ups hearing the shape. "I'll enjoy them." She said while smiling at you.

After finishing your dinner, you craved for some icecream and despite of the fact that you were on a dite, you still went out to buy some icecream taking the reason of moving in to a new place as a cause for your cheat day. After buying, you start walking slowly on the foothpath feeling the cold breez on your face, taking a look around the locality when your eyes noticed a small figure. It was her, Min-Aah, she was buying some balloons from a roadside cart and after paying the vendor, her grip looses and the balloons starts flying. While trying to catch them, she rans following them and within no time she was standing at the center of the road. It happened so fant that the next moment you say a car approaching towards her, it was about to hit her when you ran up to her and hugged her tightly while closing your eyes and giving your back to the car's direction.

****

Here comes the end of chapter one. Hope you'll like it and comment. And most importantly English is not my first language so ignore my grammatical mistakes and typos.

Love you all😘