06 || Can I ask you a question?

Start from the beginning

"What just happened?" Vincent asks.

"He was reminding me to get his food." I say crouching down to open the bottom cupboard.

"Wh- how?"

Once I've received the packets I stand back up and put them in the bag.

"He taps his mouth twice if he's hungry or it's a meal time and he needs to eat."

"That's....really smart, how'd you come up with it?"

"I didn't acctually, he did." Ok, now I get it, now's a chance for me to open up, just not the full story. "I got Frinkles when I was 15. You know how teenagers are, they forget to feed themselves sometimes, he would do it to remind me to feed us both."

"Didn't your parents cook for you?" He pauses and realises what he's said. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry."

"It's ok." I say. "They were busy so I took care of myself with things like that. How about you, what are your parents like?"

"My parents are great. They're healthy and good, I still keep in contact with them, I haven't seen them in a while though. Since I moved here acctually."

"When you were 16?"

"You remembered?"

"I'm good at remembering and listening."

"We kinda left things on bad terms but we still talk now and again."

"How old are you?" I ask.

"Twenty two."

"Wow you're young."

"Said you, how old are you?" He asks.

"Twenty."

"Don't tell me I'm young when you're a literal baby."

"Why'd you move away from your family at such a young age?"

"Um, I, uh." He huffs before practically falling onto my other sofa. "No one's ever asked me that before."

Don't say it.

Dont say it.

Don't say-

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Damn it.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you it's just I've never really said it out loud before. Um." He pauses. "Let's just say I got mixed up with some bad people, I got myself and my family heavily in debt. Blaine found me, he helped me, brought me back here. I owe him a great deal."

"So do you think Blaine is a good guy?" I ask sitting on the other sofa.

"I mean sure he has his flaws and can be a downright dick at times but he has his reasons. There's more than meets the eye with him." He seems so to go off in thought for a moment. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure." Please kill me now.

"Blaine brought you back to the house to get information out of you. He give you your own room, treated you way better than any one else he's kidnapped." He's kidnapped multiple people? Why am I not suprised? "People are saying he knew you before. And what's even more puzzling is, he was furious that you ran away, he's killed people for way less, but you look perfectly fine to me. What is going on?"

"Blaine and I knew each other before - I'm friends with his family. I don't like him though, we've never gotten along. I didn't know about his family business until he decided to kidnap me because he thought I was working with some Marcus guy. Anyways, Edward and Andrea heard about Blaine kidnapping me they apologised and basically give me a job to make up for it."