An Early Morning Chat

Start from the beginning

And she just hopes that Natalie being here can help her do just that, as it will give her somebody to talk to; somebody that she's friends with, but not the best of friends with. Also, she's somebody who can help her as a professional; as she's probably had to have this conversation with many other mothers in her career, regardless of whether she was as close to the father as she is to Matt. With Natalie having known Matt for a long time, she probably knows how he's feeling right now; and that may mean that she can have a bit of insight as to how Gabby is too, because there's no way that she's really telling her husband everything that's going on in her head. She's learned from her time here at the company that Gabby is guarded and will always be guarded when it comes to her emotions and feelings; so, when she's crying up here...people know that she's a bit overwhelmed and may need to talk to somebody. And while not Stella (her best friend), Natalie believes that she can help her as a professional (but you already know that, based on what I said).

"I can only assume that there's a reason why you're up so early?" Gabby took a breath as she heard Natalie ask her whether there was a reason that she's up so early, as there most definitely is; a reason that Natalie probably already knows, but is just asking to be polite. And probably, to get some insight as to where Gabby's head is at; so that she doesn't offend her when it comes to what she can (and can't) say around her at the moment, because that's the last thing that Natalie wants to do when it comes to Gabby. Especially when she's so close to her husband, and because she feels like she and Gabby are really starting to become friend now; a friendship that she would really like to explore, if only she would have the chance to do so (with Gabby's permission of course). I mean, she's already the boys' doctor; and that means that they do have conversations similar to the one that she may have with Gabby up here related to the boys, but she doesn't believe that she and Gabby have ever had a conversation related to a miscarriage in their friendship.

"Listen, I want to say that I am not going to push you when it comes to what you do, and don't want to say; I know that we aren't..." Gabby just stopped Natalie as she said that, as that most definitely is not the truth; she considers Natalie a friend, as she needs to hold on to all the female friends from Chicago that she can have. "Natalie, don't you dare think that way. We are friends, and you know that; plus, it's not like we have many female friends to talk to here. I only have Stella. And you only have Alex. And they are both our in-laws as well because Kelly and Matt are basically brothers." Natalie agreed with Gabby as she said that, well aware that was the case. "I know what you mean, but I would still be open to her." Gabby agreed. "And I am." Natalie smiled. "Good, I'm glad that's the case." Gabby smiled as she heard Natalie say that, before taking a breath as she proceeded to look out at the ocean from here; a view that is very nice, and that is very much appreciated. "Let me guess, you came up here so that you could look at the ocean?"

Gabby sighed. "Crazy to think that it would change my mind whatsoever." Natalie shook her head as Gabby said that, as that most definitely is not the truth. "Hey, I don't want you to think that way. Not when you need to do whatever you think will allow you to feel better, which this could very much do for you." Gabby agreed with Natalie as she said that, before taking a breath as that was really what she was hoping would happen. "Yeah, I was hoping that would happen." Natalie agreed with her and just smiled, trying to make her feel better; even though she knew that was a long shot, and that she wasn't feeling better right now. "I can only assume that it isn't making you feel better right now?" Gabby sighed as she looked down, as it wasn't. "It was stupid to even think that it would." Natalie shook her head. "Gabby, take a breath and relax okay?" That's when Gabby realized something. Looking up at Natalie, Gabby got a bit suspicious about something. "Did my husband send you up here to talk to me, while he's making me breakfast?"

XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To say that Natalie was a bit taken aback when Gabby asked her whether Matt sent her up here while he was making breakfast, well that was an understatement; even though it was the truth, she really hoped that she wouldn't have to tell her that. But now that she was asking, she knew that she would feel bad if she lied. "Don't make me invoke the fact that you're my doctor." Natalie couldn't help but laugh a bit as she heard Gabby say that, especially since she was thinking the exact same way. "How in the world did you guess that I was thinking the exact same thing? That you were going to invoke the fact that you're also my patient." Gabby smiled as she heard Natalie say that. "Because at the end of the day, we both have a similar mindset; us both being former/current medical professionals." Natalie looked at Gabby as she said that. "You're a medical professional?" Gabby just looked at her friend. "Natalie, I hate to say this but...I'm not just a paramedic, and I hate having that label." Natalie was confused, but just listened to her semi-boss.