f I v e

After the whole debacle with the neighborhood security team, Y/N and I havnt really talked much. Here is proof based on our texting conversation:

Me
Hey Jailbird, how's freedom?

Y/N
Ha. Ha. Don't you have something more important than harassing me? :P

Me
Planning out the details for Stan's bachelor party

Y/N
What have you got planned for far?

Me
Besides the strip club? Nothing. Any plans I can steal from you?

I'm pretty sure she left me on read with this one but I tried again the next day:

Me
Hey Y/N, how's it going?

And the day after that:

Hey Y/N, when do you want to get together for that dinner? I'm free this weekend..

AND the day after that with the ultimate, desperate text:

Hey Y/N, you left some extra invitations at my house. Do you want me to drop them off?

I facepalmed on the forehead after sending that text but heard my phone ding with an incoming text.

Alejandra
SOS!!!!

The beautiful bride-to-be herself.

What's wrong?

Alejandra
I was supposed to meet Y/N at the flower shop but I'm stuck in traffic. Can you please meet her there? It's only 15 minutes from your house. And I'll get there as fast as I can! Please!?

Was this the blessing in disguise that I needed?

Alright, I will go. Send me the address

Alejandra
Chris! You are the best!

I quickly plugged the address into the GPS and hopped into my car. I fumbled with my phone, trying to put it up on the dashboard to see Google Maps. As I drove, time seemed to move so slowly. I felt like I got all the red lights on the way there. Finally, I pulled into a parking spot and nearly sprinted out of my car.

And then, there she was, standing in front of the flower shop in a tight sundress that made my heart skip a beat. "Chris?" Y/N looked at me puzzled, "what are you doing here?"

I explained, "Alejandra texted me that she was running behind. She asked me to come." My gaze snapped back to her eyes, and I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked stunning.

Y/N turned around from me and walked into the flower shop, "You coming or what?" she called back, breaking me out of my daze. I followed her inside.

The sweet fragrance of flowers permeated the entire shop, filling the air with an array of scents that delighted the senses. The shop was stocked with a variety of roses, carnations, tulips, and many other blooms. Y/N led me towards the front desk, where we were greeted by a friendly woman.