f o u r

I arrived at the neighboring security department's parking lot and felt grateful for their presence in the community. However, as I stepped out of my car, I couldn't help but groan at the thought of the inevitable paperwork that would come with my visit.

I made my way into the security department and approached the reception desk, where a strikingly beautiful receptionist greeted me with a warm smile.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Evans," she said, sorting through a stack of papers on her desk. "Eddie informed me that you would be here to pick up Ms. Y/L/N."

I couldn't resist a smirk at the idea of Y/N being detained by the security department. "Actually, I would like to see her in the holding cell. I want to have a little fun teasing her about her misbehavior." I winked at the receptionist, fully aware of the double entendre in my words.

The receptionist hesitated at my request, her eyes scanning the area as she picked up the phone on her desk. "We are not allowed to have anyone back there," she said, before pressing a button and holding the phone to her ear. "But I can check with Eddie to see if he can make an exception."

I nodded at her, hoping that Eddie would allow me to see Y/N in the holding cell. The receptionist spoke into the phone, "Hi Eddie, I have Mr. Evans here who would like to see Y/N Y/L/N in her holding cell if possible."

I could hear the ticking of the lobby's clock as I waited for Eddie's response, observing the receptionist's body language closely for any hints. After a moment, she hung up the phone and looked at me with a smile, "Eddie will be here shortly to take you to see her."

I beamed at her, "Thank you so much, I really appreciate it." I made my way to the waiting area, sitting until Eddie appeared five minutes later.

"Mr. Evans." I heard a voice call out from down the hallway, and I turned to see Eddie approaching me. 

I stood up and shook his hand, following him down the hallway. Eddie looked at me curiously, "So what's this about wanting to see Ms. Y/L/N in her holding cell?"

I felt my face turn red with embarrassment at the thought of how ridiculous I must sound. "Well, sir, I just wanted to be able to tease her about it."

Eddie's arms crossed over his chest as he regarded me sternly. "There's nothing funny about a potential break-in, Mr. Evans."

I quickly backtracked, realizing my mistake. "Of course not, Eddie. I just wanted to give her a hard time so she doesn't do it again."

Eddie nodded, "Alright then, let's go get her."

We walked down the hallway and I could hear Y/N's voice before we even entered the holding room. "I was LITERALLY putting stuff in my car and locked myself out! How is that a CRIME?" she exclaimed. I chuckled to myself, knowing she would have a hard time living this down.

As we walked through the door, my eyes met hers and she instantly transformed her sneer into a grin. "Oh thank god you're here, Chris. I've been locked in here for DAYS," she sighed dramatically.

I chuckled, making my way toward her cell. "I'm pretty sure it's only been two hours," I corrected her.

"Two hours in jail time is the same as 2 days... I think," she quipped, placing her hands on the bars and looking up at me with her entrancing eyes. "Can't you have them let me out, please?"

Looking down at her with an equally captivating stare, I playfully asked, "Has someone been a bad girl?" My voice took on a husky tone as I leaned in closer to the cell.

She stayed silent for a moment, gazing at me tentatively, her eyes sparking with excitement. "I am a bad girl," she finally responded.

"Good," I said, leaning away from her, "I have to fill out some paperwork and we will be on our way."

Y/N pouted, "Can't they just let me out now?"

I smirked, "Afraid you'll miss your new home?"

She rolled her eyes, "Ha ha, very funny."

I walked over to Eddie to fill out the necessary paperwork, glancing back at Y/N who was fidgeting in her cell.

Once the paperwork was complete, Eddie unlocked the cell and Y/N walked out.

"So, what's the plan now?" she asked, looking up at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"I suggest we mail out the invitations and get that dinner I owe you once we're back at my house," I said.

"I'd love to, but I already have plans for this evening," she replied.

"Oops, I completely forgot about that," I admitted.

Y/N noticed the look of disappointment on my face and reached out to touch my arm. "But don't worry," she reassured me, "I promise we'll make it happen soon."

I smiled at her, grateful for her understanding. "I can't wait," I said, feeling a sense of warmth spread through my chest.