t h r e e

Excitement coursed through me as I reviewed the script for my newest movie deal. It was a perfect mix of action, adventure, and romance, and I knew it was going to be a hit. Placing the script down on my manager's, Pete's, desk, I exclaimed, "This is really good!"

Pete grinned, "Isn't it? Filming doesn't start for the next few weeks, and it's all going to be local anyway. No need for any traveling."

I leaned back in my chair, loving where this was headed. "Let me think about it," I mused, "I would have to see--"

Suddenly, my phone rang, interrupting me. I usually ignored it, but the ringtone was set as the alert for my home security team. "Hold on," I said to Pete as I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Mr. Evans, I'm sorry to bother you since you're busy with acting and all," the security guard on the other end said.

I rolled my eyes at Eddie's apology, knowing that keeping an eye on my house was precisely what I paid him for. "Hey Eddie, what's going on?" I cut him off.

"Sir, there was a woman lurking around your home--" Eddie began.

"I WASN'T LURKING!"

Wait a minute... was that Y/N?

Eddie cleared his throat, "You see, Mr. Evans, we found Miss Y/L/N walking around your property looking for a key to your door."

"I LOCKED MYSELF OUT TRYING TO PUT THE ENVELOPES IN MY CAR!" Y/N shouted.

"We decided to detain her, Mr. Evans, since she looked suspicious," Eddie explained.

I burst out laughing.

"Let her go, Eddie. That's just Y/N," I said, still chuckling.

"Well Mr. Evans, we can't just release her. You would need to stop in and sign the paperwork. You know, legality and everything," Eddie said.

I let out a sigh, knowing that Eddie was right. As much as I found the situation amusing, I couldn't just let Y/N go without making sure everything was taken care of legally.

"Alright, Eddie. I'll come over to sign the paperwork," I said, trying to keep the laughter out of my voice.

"Very good, sir. We'll be waiting for you," Eddie replied before ending the call.

I turned to Pete, who had been watching the whole exchange with a raised eyebrow.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"I was helping Stan and Alejandra's maid of honor, Y/N, with invitations before I got your call. It sounds like she locked herself out and tried getting back in the house," I said.

Pete chuckled. "And she ended up getting detained?"

"Apparently," I chuckled before grabbing the script and heading out of the office. "I better go take care of this. I'll see you later, Pete."

Leaving the office, I found myself grinning, all the while pondering what I've signed up for by taking on the task of wedding planning with this spirited maid of honor.