Parker gives her a surprised look, shocked that the woman knows what her and her friends have been doing. "And, yeah. I know about that too," The Sheriff says in response to the look on her face. 

Parker shakes her head insistently, saying, "Okay, Sheriff Peterkin, I can promise you he's not on it anymore." Peterkin gives her a look of disbelief. 

"So you say. I'm just tryin' to keep him safe," She turns around and sighs before turning back and continuing, "I want you to tell your friend John B to come in and talk to me, and let's see if we can keep you out of Wadesboro." 

Parker looks up in slight shock, not expecting that. "Wait, what?" Peterkin shakes her head, waving Parker out of her office. "You're being bailed out, you lucky duck. And not by me this time." 

Parker slowly walks out of the office and towards the front of the station, fear creeping up her spine. She was happy she wasn't going to jail, but she would have taken prison over what she was about to get from her father. 

At the front desk, she saw her father leaning on said desk with a dangerous look on his face. Deputy Plumb, who is manning the desk, asks, "You her guardian?" Luke sighs before replying, "Sorry to say, I'm her father." 

Deputy Plumb sighs as well, before rattling off some information. "Well, hearing will be in two weeks. If you fail to show up, you will forfeit your bail. The restitution will be based on the average of three outside estimates of the cost of the damaged article." 

Luke blinks slightly, his eyes somehow getting even more dangerous. "Restitution?" He asks quietly. 

Deputy Plumb shrugs, routinely saying, "Pay for what she broke. It's part of the plea," Luke gives Parker a glare, making the Maybank girl shrink back. Plumb points at a place on some papers, saying, "Yeah, and... sign right here, please." 

When Luke finishes, he slams the pen down and storms away, yelling over his shoulder, "Let's go. Go now!" They walk out of the building, Parker not trying to keep up with her father's quick pace. She kept her head down as they got closer to her father's shitty car. Part of Parker wished she had thought out her plan further before letting herself get sent to jail, but she was just happy that Pope was okay and JJ was safe. 

"I wonder what restitution's gonna be on a 2019 Malibu," Luke grumbles under his breath. 

"I'll pay it off. All of it. I swear, Dad," Parker pleads, even though she knows that it is almost impossible. 

Luke puts his hands on his head, standing right outside his car. "Shit. 30K? Do you have 30K, Parker? I know you don't, cause all you do is smoke weed and hang out on the south side. Get in the car." 

Parker hesitates outside the car door, but when Luke roughly grunts, "Let's go," She finally opens it and gets in. Luke gets in next to her, but instead of turning the car on he just sits there for a second. Parker decides to try one more time to defend herself, starting, "Dad, I swear--" 

Luke cocks his fist back and swings it, making solid contact with Parker's face and making her slam back against her door. Luke scrambles towards her, pushing her more up against the door, grunting, "No!" He grabs her shirt with one hand and slams her up against the door again.

"Thirty! Thousand! Dollars!" Every word is punctuated with another punch. He continues to yell at Parker, screaming, "Do you know what you did to me?!" Luke continues to swing and Parker tries to fight back, but she knows it's no use. 

When Luke finally stops, he silently starts the car and drives home. When they get there, he shoves Parker towards the door where she is met with a very concerned JJ.