Two

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E1)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Parker made her way to the Château after Kiara had called her and told her what had happened at the motel. When she walked in, she saw her brother pacing around with the rest of the Pogues around him.

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope nervously rambles.

JJ looks over at him, nodding. "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." Parker grabs her brother's shoulders, rubbing them to try to calm him down. He puts his hand over one of hers, looking back at her gratefully.

Kiara chimes in. "Guys, we can't keep that money." Parker looks over at her, wanting to do the right thing but also knowing that her and JJ desperately need the cash. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ snaps at her.

Kiara looks up at him, incredulous. "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Pope nods in agreement, adding, "Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. We gotta go dark."

JJ nods, but Parker can tell that there is a catch. "If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." She lightly slaps her brother, but they both know that she agrees with him. 

To their surprise, John B argues. "I don't agree." Parker looks at him, a little hurt and very confused. "What? Why?" 

John B starts pacing around the porch, laying out his point for the twins and the rest of the Pogues. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'. All right, so think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?"

Parker looks over at Pope expectantly. He inhales sharply before saying, "Prostitution." Parker bursts out laughing while John B looks annoyed. "Square groupers, bro." Still laughing, Parker wheezes out, "He thought... Scooter Grubbs could actually.... Make money being a prostitute! Ha!"

John B rolls his eyes at her before continuing. "Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does this mean? JJ?"

JJ snaps his fingers, whipping his head to look at John B. "They were straight smugglin'." John B points at him, nodding. "Smugglin'. And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck." 

Parker smiles, realizing that John B is right. "Hell yeah. Fish on! Although, how the hell are we gonna do this?"

Before anyone answers her question, Pope starts to protest. "For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it..." John B makes a noise prompting Pope to continue. "Then it probably belongs to someone else."