Three

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E1)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara snaps at John B. He stutters, trying to find the words to explain. Parker quickly shifts through the tanks, finding one with some air in it.

"Okay, this one's a quarter full." She rushes out. "It's enough for one of us." JJ nods from where he sitting next to his sister, sarcastically saying, "Love it when a plan comes together."

Kiara pipes up again, asking, "Does anybody know how to dive? Anybody?" The Pogues mutter incomprehensibly, making up excuses. "It's kind of a Kook sport." Parker contributes. 

"I... read about it." Pope sighs. Kiara throws her hands up into the air, exasperated. "Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die."

John B takes the tank from Parker, and gestures with the mouth-piece. "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?"

Pope raises his hand nervously before saying, "If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." JJ stands up, grabbing onto the frame of the boat and bending over. "Bends like, bend over and..."

More confident, Pope snaps, "The bends can kill you." Immediately JJ chastens, quietly saying, "Right." He sits back down, making Parker start to rub his shoulders.

"I can-- I can dive." John B says nervously. JJ glances up, looking at his best friend. "You can dive. I'm cool with that." Parker slaps her brother, making him wince and look back at her. "Since when can you dive?" Kiara asks skeptically. John B shrugs with wavering confidence, stating, "I'll do it. It's fine."

Pope looks up in thought. "Let me do some calculations real quick." JJ rolls his eyes at the boy, exasperatedly saying, "You serious?" Ignoring the blonde boy, Pope tells John B, "That boat's about 30 feet down."

John B nods, muttering, "Okay." Pope continues, saying, "So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth. Twenty-five. Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet. All right? For two minutes."

Seeming off in his own world, John B repeats back, "Yeah, yeah. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it." Suddenly, Kiara stands up and whips her shirt off before diving into the water. The rest of the Pogues stare at where she just was, frozen.

"What was that all about?" Pope states, still staring at the front of the boat. Looking at the same spot, JJ spacely says, "I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." Parker smacks the back of her brothers head, causing him to finally look away. "Oh, don't act like you didn't like it too." She smacks him again, before Pope clears his throat.

"All righty." JJ nods, finally getting back to his point. "Yeah. Uh, when you-- uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?"