"Then? How does it feel to ghost someone like this after all that...?"

"It hurts, Shaurya. All this hurts. Very, very much."

She spoke making him go still. She was hurting and he was hurting too. He didn't want that. He didn't want either of them to be hurting. Before he could think of responding, he heard her add in a very weak tone.

"I miss you... I miss you everyday, every moment. God, I should have said it a million times. I really should have but it was hard to run away from my own words. Crawling back after escaping is shameful. I'm sorry, Shaurya. I really am. I..."

He blinked. 'Sorry'- that was the one word which easily used to come out of her mouth. Even when she didn't even mean it. No, he wouldn't fall into the trap. He knew she didn't call him on her will, someone must have made her do that.

"Are you done? Or is there anything still left?"

He sharply probed making her go quiet.

"Now listen to me. You hurting, you misunderstanding, you perceiving things in the wrong way, you getting frustrated, you feeling wronged, humiliated, suffocated, shattered, trapped and what not. And now again, it's you missing and feeling sorry. Why does your every sentence has this 'me' or 'I' attached with it?... Where am I in your words, your life and being?"

He kept on adding with a tone of finality.

"You're imprisoned in your own self, Manjiri. Your pain. Your feelings. It's all you. Is everyone else made of stone that they do not have any emotions?"

"I'm sorry!"

She could only utter that, which ultimately turned him more bitter.

"No, I'm so sorry. Cause I was the one who was and still hurting you. And now I want you to hurt me the way they say I hurt you. One second, you're making this call just because they asked you, right?"

"They?... No one asked me to do anything. I'm calling because I myself wanted to."

"Whom are you kidding, Sill... Manjiri?"

He let out a hollow, humourless chuckle. She pleaded in response,

"Shaurya, please trust me..."

"Why? Did you trust me?"

He harshly yelled.

"I'm sorry..."

Manjiri couldn't say anything further as an ugly sob burst out from her throat. A lone tear too escaped from Shaurya's eye as he snapped.

"I don't need your sorry."

"Shaurya, I always thought to call you and tell you everything, but I just couldn't... Was fearful that what if you refuse to hear me out? You must be thinking why am I saying such things now when I myself was wanting separation..."

He kind of chuckled again, thus interjecting her words almost immediately. No one spoke anything after that. It was just her sniffling sounds which were reaching his ears, and as always he wasn't liking it. So he finally announced after a long silence before seriously disconnecting the call.

"As always you assumed everything on your own. Ok, now I'm actually refusing to hear you out. Peace out!"

Throwing his phone aside, he slumped on the bed hiding his face in his hands. He didn't know if he did right in shutting off like that, but all he knew, at then, was that he was in no mood in entertaining anyone's words. He already had a more than extra-entertaining day. He was confused if he was entertaining others or others were entertaining him.