chapter 25

When Adrien awoke the next morning, Marinette was still laying beside him. He was still detransformed and her eyes were still covered. He smiled as he brushed a stray hair from her face.

     Adrien stared at her sleeping freckled face, her mouth slightly ajar. He knew he would have to get up and leave soon, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay here with her forever.

     He shifted in his spot and leaned closer to Marinette, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead. This caused her to stir around a bit and yawn as she reached for her blindfold.

"Chat?" She asked.

    "W-wait!" Adrien shot up and grabbed her hand, pressing it as well as the blindfold back down onto her face." I'm still detransformed."

"Oh, sorry."

     "It's okay," Adrien sighed, dropping his head back onto the pillow. He wished he could show her who he was, but he knew he couldn't. Not only would it put her in more danger, but she would definitely hate him if she found out that he was Adrien. He rejected her and broke her heart only to go straight back to her.

"What time is it?" Marinette asked through another yawn.

     Adrien leaned over her and grabbed her phone which sat beside her and switched it on, looking at the time.

"It's nine."

     "Nine!?" Marinette screeched as she sat up, making sure to drag the blanket up with her to cover up the body Chat had already seen. "School started half an hour ago, I need to get ready and you need to leave!"

    Adrien slowly sat up, still not really wanting to leave. He rested his head on her shoulder and kissed her cheek, wrapping one arm around her exposed waist and using his other to keep himself propped up.

"Or we could stay, " He suggested as he played with a strand of her hair.

    "No way, my parents are already concerned about me, and skipping school would only stress them out more. I'll head downstairs and then you can transform and leave."

"No can do."

"Why not?" Marinette asked, but she already knew the answer.

"My kwami needs a snack in order to transform again. He prefers camembert but anything's fine, especially if it's from your bakery."

"Camembert?"

"Yep."

"Um, okay. I'll go downstairs and get some before my parents find out-"

Then there was a knock.

     Adrien and Marinettes heads instantly shot to look at the hatch to Marinettes room, well not so much Marinette. She was currently facing a wall.

"Marinette, are you awake?"

     "Oh no!" Marinette half whispered, turning back to Adrien who was panicking just as much as she was. Adrien jumped out of the bed and scrambled for his clothes, tossing Marinette her own. He slipped one foot into his pant leg but when he went to do the other one, his foot got caught and he fell to the floor with a loud thud.

"Marinette, is everything okay? I-im coming in."

     "Hurry, get back up here!" Marinette whisper yelled at Adrien. Adrien quickly got up off the floor and into Marinettes blanket, pushing himself against the wall. Marinette grabbed a pillow and placed it over Adrien's face, half of her body on top of his as well as the pillow. She ripped off the blindfold just in time for Sabine to walk in.

"Are you okay?" Sabine asked as she climbed into the room.

"Yep, I'm fine perfectly!"

"Uh, okay, well I just came to wake you up. You're late for school."