There was a dullness in my mind. It was like a sharp point at the back of my head, like someone was trying to break in and could get through. Then purple lightning arched through the device and then my body. The pain was immediate, like millions of fire ants biting every inch of my body at once. I didn't react at all.

There was an explosion and time slowed down. Not enough.

There was a searing pain in my back and everything went dark.

I awoke in a familiar-looking white room. I remembered that place. It was where I had spoken to Leto, and learned that the gods are real. Meeting her led me to meet Hermes, Hades, and Keith, and here we are. 

There was something different this time, though. Last time, Leto had been here when I arrived, sitting in a chair reading a book. Now, the room was barren—no chair, no calm feeling, and certainly no goddess. "Not what you were expecting?" A voice said. I turned around to find someone I never expected to see again. It was my mom. 

"Mom?" I choked out, taking a shallow step toward her. She met me halfway.

"Oh, my beautiful boy..." She put her hand on my cheek. She hugged me, I and a feeling I hadn't felt since I was a baby welled in my chest. I felt safe. I wrapped my arms around her. 

"I didn't think I would see you again," I said, tears pouring down my face. "I still haven't figured out how to live without you."

"You're too busy thinking about other people." She said, "Whether it's me, or your brother, or your girlfriend." I blushed. "You care too much. I am happy to see the man you are becoming. But also sad," I looked at her.

"Why are you sad?" I asked her, "You're in Elysium, arent you? I made sure Hades put you there."

She pulled back from the hug and took my face in her hands. "I am sad because my only son doesn't care about himself."

Tears began leaking faster and I closed my eyes. "What do I do?"

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to go back, but... I'm afraid," I said. She nodded sadly.

"There is a lot to fear, unfortunately." Mom said. 

I heard explosions behind me. A door had appeared. If I listened, I could hear people shouting. Keith, Mr. Holt, Lance, Hunk, Coran, Alura, Shiro... Katie. All of them called my name. All of them shouting for me to come back. "You're not done," My mom said. I nodded. I turned and walked towards the door. "Percy?" She called as I touched the handle. I looked at her, "The box I left you? I think you've figured it out." I smiled and nodded, she was right.

I twisted the handle and walked through the door.

Suddenly I was on the floor, in the chamber of Sendak's ship. I stood up, my helmet had been knocked off in the blast. I pulled it on. "Hello?"

"Percy!" Mr. Holt's voice rang through the comms. "Thank goodness you're alive. Listen, the lions destroyed the Zaiforge cannons, but without the crystal, Sendak's ship is falling. You need to get out of there!"

I shot towards the door. Once I reached the exit of the ship, I stopped. Sendak was there, all alone. "Sendak!" I called him. He fired his floating arm toward me, and I dodged out of the way. 

"So it is you," he said, "I will succeed where Zarkon could not. I will avenge my city, by killing an Aesir-spawn!"

"Zarkon got pretty close," I said, "look how that turned out."

I was in front of him before even I realized I was there. I had gotten faster, somehow. The time I took to figure out my bearings allowed him to react. His arm shot back into place, trying to crush me. I got out of the way just in time. I tried to slash at him, but the blade bounced harmlessly off his armour. I tried again at his throat, but he grabbed my arm and stopped the blow. I growled. I need a new plan. I dropped out of his grasp, and time slowed done. I looked up. Normally, everything was moving at least a little bit, but Sendak was completely frozen. I looked at him curiously. There was a look of controlled rage and determination. I climbed up onto the Commander's arm, Closed my eyes, and quickly sunk my dagger into the back of his throat, right where debris had pierced my skin when I fought Zarkon. The sick part of me made sure to cut between the bones in his spine. I jumped back and time sped up again.