Part 17

Percy

How could they have known? Who sold us out? Will the paladins be okay? These thoughts ran through my head as Coran, Mr. Holt and Shiro tried to get the Atlas in the air. I knew what was going to happen, but I was still worried.

"Percy!" Mr. Holt called to me. "Any ideas?"

I looked around. "Two options," I said. "Multiple supermassive black holes, or-"

Coran blinked, "of course! Why didn't I think of this before?" He pulled a necklace from underneath his shirt. It was a small diamond.

Shiro seemed to recognize it, "Commander Holt?" He said, staring at the diamond.

Sam scanned the crystal when he arrived. It would be able to power 3 ships just like this one! I opened up a panel beneath where the captain stood. "This is where we had previously planned to place a Balmeran Crystal." Before we could do anything, the diamond glowed and shot into the panel independently.

"We'll, that works." All of the ship's systems began coming online. It was incredible, with cannons, lights, and that screens even I didn't know existed.

"Sub-systems fully powered!" Veronica reported

"Mega-Thrusters are online!" Adam (Shiro's husband)continued.

The IGF-Atlas slowly rose into the sky.

Shiro immediately took charge of the situation. "Veronica, you're on radars, keep us posted. Commander Iverson, take the weapons and get the cannons online ASAP. Coran? Get the helm."

"Yes, Captain!"

"Percy, you built the MFEs basically on your own, you know them better than anyone. Bring our pilots home."

I grinned. "Yes, Sir!"

He looked around to find everyone on the bridge staring at him expectantly. "The bridge is yours, Shiro." Mr. Holt said.

"I could use an engineer?"

He saluted. "Yes sir."

Line Break

The paladins had come back to the fight. We could now safely target Sendak's cruiser. "We can't get close!" Coran shouted, "They've got all of the cruisers in the way!"

"Paladins," Shiro said, "can you open a path?"

"Not likely," Keith replied, his voice strained."we're busy with these cannons."

"Sam," Shiro started. "What if someone infiltrated Sendak's cruiser and took control of its crystal? Would you be able to stop the cannons?"

"I think so," Mr. Holt replied.

I snapped to attention. "I'm going in."

"I'll come with you!" Shiro tried.

"Not this time, Cyborg," I said. "You're needed here."

I suited up and moved to the gate. "Percy," Mr. Holt said, "are you sure about this?"

"Positive. Open the hatch." The door slid open, and it was chaos. I jumped out of the Atlas bay, and into the void of space. Using my Jetpack, I navigated my way through the battle to Sendak's cruiser.

It wasn't complicated to get inside, I just used a runway for the Galra fighters. I sped down the winding hallways until I eventually reached the Balmeran Crystal. "Mr. Holt, I'm here. What do I do?" I turned on the device he had given me before I left. As he had told me to, I plugged it into my suit.

"Ok Percy, this might be a little strange." Sam warned, "I'm going to use your brain as a computer node."

"Just don't peek through my memories and I'll be fine." I touched the end of the device against the crystal.