Every Winter Has Its Spring

[ A/N: If you're uncomfortable reading smut or erotica, you should probably skip this chapter ]

FACT: Near death experiences come in three stages. Resistance. Acceptance. Transcendence.

No two people undergo the same experience, because no two personalities are exactly the same. There's no telling how one would react when placed in such a predicament.

But, as with anyone, a close brush with death would and will certainly remind you of just how fragile life is. Stripping away the layers so suddenly would unquestionably show just how precious your remaining time is.

It's your reaction to thus, that's never truly predictable.

You felt so fatigued—mind-numbing exhaustion weighing you down—but something kept jostling you, disturbing your peaceful oblivion. You whined through chapped lips and buried your face deeper into whatever was protecting it from the light.

“I know, we’re almost there. Shit, hang in there. Shit.. Shit..” Hobi’s voice rumbled against your cheek, chanting a string of the word “shit” like a religious prayer into your hair. He never cursed around you before. The one time you heard him was when he stubbed his foot on the table. You distantly wondered if something had happened before consciousness escaped you once more.

“Shit, shit, shit.”

Your body burned like it was on fire, too hot to be tolerable as you shifted on whatever surface you were laying on. Peeling open your lead filled eyes, you found Hobi frantically searching around a darkened room before grabbing something you couldn’t see and a dusty log. He sat in front of a stone fireplace, spending the next few minutes fidgeting with the items until a red glow lit up the room.

You croaked in desperate denial, too warm for a fire, but Hobi wouldn’t listen. He shushed you over and over, murmuring soothing words continuously as he grappled at your coat and buttons. The sound of your zipper too loud in your ears as you tried to shrink away with a coarse whine, brows knitted in confusion.

As soon as the coat was gone, he wasted no time in yanking your shirt over your head or your pants from your legs, ignoring your weakened protests and clumsy fingers that tried to grasp for the soggy fabric.

“We have to take these off.” He hissed as he worked, awkwardly lifting you to lean your shoulder against his chest so he could take off your underwear next.

Once bare, you were placed on a softer surface then covered in a heavy blanket that was tucked and pulled securely around your shoulders, one that you fought to take off like a two year old throwing a tantrum. “Too hot,” you cried, pushing back as Hoseok tried to swaddle you in it.

“You’re hypothermic.” He grunted, smacking away your hands.

Your eyes fell closed, too heavy to keep open any longer. 

You must have fallen asleep again, because once you came to, you were wrapped up against Hobi’s chest, his rhythmic breathing against the crackling of the fire creating a calming ambience which threatened to lull you to sleep again if not for the fact that your teeth wouldn’t stop chattering.