13 - CHRISTMAS !

Despite the festive season, the holiday spirit eludes Maliana Martins, trapped in a marriage orchestrated by her father to unite their companies. Her union with Kyle Martins is marked by his distant and cold demeanor, consumed entirely by his work.
**********

When Maliana woke up on Christmas, Kyle was gone. So, after eating breakfast, she sat all alone in the living room watching TV. She spend her whole day watching TV and was also served lunch in the living room.

Maliana had cooked lemon chicken with thai rice for dinner, but like always, she had to eat all alone as Kyle had not reached home yet. He never come on time to have dinner with his wife.

After cleaning the dishes, Maliana changed into her Christmas pajamas and put on a Christmas romcom. As the movie has reached it half, she could hear the door creak opened.

She could hear Kyle's footsteps as he walked from the door into the kitchen. It is an open plan house, so Kyle could see her.

Maliana didn't turn around to look at him and continue to watch her film.

Kyle sighs then walked over to behind his wife was sitting.

"Maliana," he uttered gently, the softest tone she had ever heard from him.

She hummed in acknowledgment.

"I know I've been mean to you. I'm sorry. I don't expect you to say or do anything, but I need you to know that I'll be better from now on," Kyle said, his voice carrying a tinge of sadness.

Maliana bit her lips to stifle any words. Then, she felt his hands place something on her lap.

"Merry Christmas, Maliana," he whispered before leaving.

As he walked away, Maliana opened the gift, revealing a stunning diamond necklace accompanied by a note, surprising her with the unexpected gesture.

''DEAR MALIANA,

I'M SORRY THAT I'VE BEEN DISTANT AND SO MEAN TO YOU. I'VE NEVER HAD ANYONE IN MY LIFE WHO I LOVE OR HAVE EVER BEEN CLOSE TO BEFORE. AND WHEN YOU CAME IN SO SINCERELY, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WANT TO MAKE THIS MARRIAGE WORK AND I'LL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH ME AS I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE ALREADY FALLEN FOR YOU. IF YOU HATE ME, I UNDERSTAND. JUST TELL ME AND I'LL LET YOU GO.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MALIA.

WITH LOVE,

YOUR STUPID HUSBAND.''

Maliana sat there, shocked and unsure of what to do next. "He loves me?" she thought out loud. Putting on the necklace, she decided to run upstairs to speak with her husband.

Upon opening the bedroom door, she found Kyle sitting in the middle of the bed with his head in his hands. "Kyle," she called softly, witnessing him take a deep breath before turning to look at her.

"You read it?" he asked, his gaze shifting to the letter still in her hands. She nodded and asked, "Did you mean it?"

"Yes," he whispered.

Without hesitation, Maliana jumped on the bed and hugged him. Kyle, stunned, was about to hug her back when she withdrew her arms. Cupping his face, she said, "I want to try too, hubby."

For the first time ever, Maliana saw a smile take over his stoic face. "Really?" he asked. She nodded, and he kissed her, pouring all his love and care into the tender embrace.