Visiting

"Dad, please!" Albus begged, wincing as he spoke. Albus Severus Potter did not beg and especially not to his father, Harry Potter, with whom he'd had a strained relationship. However, after last year's escapades with the Time Turner and Delphi, the Augery, he thought he might have a chance at persuading the man to let him have his best friend stay for a few days over the Christmas Holidays. To say Harry wasn't keen on his youngest son's friendship with Scorpius, the son of his secondary school rival, Draco Malfoy, would be an understatement. He'd gone as far as to ban them from seeing one another not too long ago, which everyone but him strongly disagreed with, especially Draco. It angered Albus because his dad didn't even know Scorpius and refused to so much as try.

"Come on, Harry." Ginny sighed. Albus smiled gratefully at his mother. He knew she could put her foot down and demand that Scorpius came over but that would be horrible for everyone. Harry had to agree to treat the boy like a person first.

"He's a bad influence," Harry protested firmly. It was his immovable belief that Scorpius was corrupting his son, although anyone who looked twice at him would see that that was clearly false.

"Who? Scorpius?" Albus' cousin, Rose Granger-Weasley, snorted. Albus had a complicated relationship with her since he was sorted into Slytherin in his first year at Hogwarts and he didn't want to think Bout the fact that Scorpius had had a crush on her since he first played eyes on her. He shivered at the thought though gave her a look to express his thanks and turned back to his stubborn father. Harry sighed loudly.

"Let the poor kid have his mate round," Ginny's brother, Ron, chimed in. He had one arm wrapped around the waist of his wife, Hermione, and the other resting on their son's head. Their son, Hugo, appeared completely disinterested in the subject and was instead talking to the eldest Potter, James.

"He's a nerd," Lily, the youngest of the three Potter children, spoke up. Albus knew she was fond of Scorpius but, then again, everyone who got to know him was.

"Exactly!" Albus exclaimed. "He's an adorable dork!"

"He's a Malfoy," Harry spat, treating the surname like it was a curse word. Albus' fists clenched at his sides and he scowled.

"He's Scorpius. He's saved both my life and the world so technically he's saved all our lives. I just want to see him over the holidays. Grandma's been dying to meet him anyway."

It was true. Molly Weasley has been asking about inviting Albus' best friend for their annual family Christmas gathering on Christmas Eve ever since Albus had first mentioned him. Although perhaps she has always had a slightly older and therefore wiser view on the friendship than the rest of them. She was a sharp woman and, having had seven children, didn't miss a thing.
Harry surveyed the expectant and irate faces and clenched his jaw with a more resigned sigh. "Alright, fine but I want to figure this kid out."

"No!" Hermione snapped, hitting the back of his head with one of Rose's many textbooks. "No you bloody well will not. Now, go over there, Albus, and tell Scorpius that he's invited. Your parents will sort the details out later."

Albus grinned. "Thanks, Aunt Hermione."

He darted off, scanning the crowd for the flash of white-blonde hair and the wide, anxious grey eyes. He found Scorpius quickly enough and rushed over, slowing when he spotted Draco standing beside his son. The corners of Draco's lips quirked up. Albus decided to ignore it.

"They said no? They said no, didn't they? I really don't want your dad to hate me. I'm trying but I just don't know how I-" Scorpius was cut off when Albus threw his arms around the boy's slender shoulders.

"They said yes, Scorp!" he cried out happily, burying his face in the crook of Scorpius' neck and laughing. He felt Scorpius instantly relax and let out an airy laugh. They hugged for what was probably considered longer than expected for friends but neither cared. When they pulled away, their grins rivalled that of the Cheshire Cat (Lily had introduced them both to the story a few months ago and it was one of their favourite).