Splendor x Fem! Reader

Start from the beginning

Splendor clenches his jaw at this, snatching the ring before storming into the daycare. Y/N sighs but heads back to her little place in an alley. She puts most of her clothes back on despite the summer heat and finds a street corner where she hopes for a little money for food. By the end of the day she counts the money and finds a place that would let her buy food. The soup kitchens and the shelters were full and she'd spent a lot of her life on the street so she opted to give her space to someone else.

"Y/N!" Mikey grins when I show up at the back door of a pizzeria. "Don't worry about money tonight. They messed up the order so we have an extra pizza!"

"Really?!" She cries with wide eyes as she's handed a box of pizza. "Thank you!"

"Enjoy," He says with s chuckle.

Y/N grins before she hurries off to a road underpass. She settles with her small group of friends and sets out the pizza so they can all get a little food in her belly. The extra pieces go to a couple kids nearby. The four of them had known each other Y/N's entire life. She'd spent most of her life on the street and they did too. You were all surviving as best you could. Jimmy was a marine veteran that suffers with severe PTSD and he lost everything when it got him near suicidal. Y/N found him ready to jump off a bridge. He said everyone had abandoned him. Told him he wasn't worth anything outside the marines.

Y/N just waited and talked him down slowly. She showed him what to do on the streets and still get through his PTSD. She was a regular around the library and she researched everything she could and did her best to help him through his episodes.

Amy was a domestic abuse victim. She chose to stay on the streets where she couldn't be found by her abusive husband. She'd already filed for divorce but he never signed the papers so she chose to hide where no one could find her.

Zach was like Y/N. They had homes until their mothers left their husbands. It was when they were five or so and they've known nothing but the streets ever since. They learned what was and wasn't important. Material things were nice but they never mattered at the end of the day when you stare death in the face thanks to starvation. Food was the most important in Y/N's opinion and that was always the goal. Get enough money to eat. Y/N bids her friends goodbye after they eat and goes back to her little alley. It was tucked far enough away to avoid people and stay safe but was close enough to the street with businesses asking for someone to spare some change.

She's back to sitting in her spot the next morning, watching people scoff and wrinkle their noses as they pass her. She pays them little attention despite the pain that tugs at her heart every time they do it. She sighs softly and slumps back against the building, wondering if she'd even be able to feed herself tonight. A few cents didn't really get you very far in this world. Plus, with her lack of experience no one would hire her. She had nothing to her name. No address. No bank account. Nothing. She concluded she would always be homeless because no one wanted a woman with no experience.

So, she resigned herself to knowing she was forever going to be homeless. She looks up when someone puts a hundred dollar bill in her cup, her eyes widening in surprise when she sees the man from before. The ad didn't say his name and she had yet to even ask him. Still, he was back and was giving her money. Was it out of pity?

"I'm sorry," Is what comes out of his mouth, Y/N staring at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Y/N manages.

"For treating you poorly. I should have never snapped at you," He explains. "I'm sorry."

"O-Oh. Thanks," Y/N tells him with a smile.

"Can I buy you lunch?" He asks hopefully.

"I'm not exactly a good lunch date," Y/N points out.

"Please?" He begs. "I'll get you a whole new outfit."