Chapter 9: Andi's First Day Aftermath

* Andrea's POV *

I was on my way home from school. It was the first time that I actually liked going to school because I had so much friends. I liked the classes and the people I have met. One stood out though, Jai. But I was still curious why Robert and the other guys didn’t like them. I was curious because I see nothing wrong with Jai and Luke. I thought they were cute. Jai was funny and I enjoyed our conversations.

 “Hey Andi, how was your first day?” Dylan was trying to catch up with me.

“It was great! You’re right, it wasn’t bad after all and I met new friends.” I told him.

We walked home together and I told him about my classes and the new friends I made. We exchanged stories and we were reaching our houses. I wanted to ask him about Jai. I wanted to know if he knew something about any gossips at school, and if he could tell me something. He noticed I wanted to say something and asked me what’s up. I was silent for a bit.  

I turned to him. “Hey, do you know Jai Brooks?

“Jai, yes I know him. Why do you ask?” Dylan was curious.

 I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to know why he’s being hated by most of my new guy friends.

“I met him today, and also his twin brother. They were so nice!” I said in return.

“Yeah, that’s Jai. Hmm… wait are you the reason why he’s jolly today?” he asked. I did blush.

 “Jai’s a great guy. You’re never gonna be bored with him.”

 “So you’re friends with Jai?”  

“Yeah, we’re buddies.” Oh my God. Did he just say they were buddies? I wanted to die inside knowing that Dylan could tell Jai that I asked about him.

“No worries, Andi. I promise I won’t tell Jai.” Dylan noticed how uneasy I was and then winked at me.   

Buzz!! My friends, Sarah and Tina, messaged me through Yahoo Messenger. We all talked on conference and I told them about my new school and friends I have met the whole day. They freaked out when I mentioned about Jai and demanded me to tell them everything about him. I did. But I felt bad when I remembered I lost Sarah’s lucky keychain on the first day. I guess I’m not that lucky after all.  

The conversation was cut short when I was called out for dinner. I enjoyed my first proper dinner with my family in our new home. It was the same, but we’re much closer this time.

After the sumptuous dinner, I went back to my room, and took a hot bath to relax. I didn’t hear my phone beeped when I got a message from Jai. He said that he had a great time at school today, and he wished me a good night sleep. I texted him back and told him I felt the same, and I also wished he had a good sleep. He sent back a smiley face. I went to my laptop and searched Jai on Facebook. Oh my God. Is he famous? There were different profile pictures of him and I didn’t know which one is his.