Chapter 7 - In The Night

My mother grasped at the table edge, tears spilling down her face like a waterfall. I've never seen her like this before.

Our house was a mess. Broken glass scattered everywhere around the house. Drawers and shelves were out of place. The door was hanging there on it's hinges.

I stumbled towards my fragile mother. Pain rippled down my arm as I scraped it against a sharp edge. Blood dripped down my arm.

Shaking violently in the cold, I clenched my fists into balls and sat up on my bed. The curtains flapped as the wind blew harshly at it. I approached the window to close it. A chill went down my spine. I felt my mouth go dry. Someone was out there.

I shut my window immediately and jumped under my bed covers. Knock knock. I gripped the bed sheets tightly and prayed to my mother. Help me mother. Tears squeezed out as I felt myself shake. "Minhee!"

"Minhee! Please! Don't do this!" I glanced down at the small figures below me. The peaceful wind brushed my hair and the sun's warm rays embraced me. I closed my eyes and felt myself fall...down..down...down..."

Sweat dribbled down my forehead. Where am I? Continuous knocking on my window jerked me back to reality. I shook my head. "Minhee! It's me!"

Park Jimin, that idiot. He pushed his face against the glass. He gestured towards the lock. "What do you want?" I mouthed at him angrily. "Let me in! Please?" he mouthed back.

I threw my blankets aside and scrambled to the window. "Get lost!" I whispered. He placed his hands on the glass and started whimpering like a dog. "Shhhhhh! What do you think you're doing?" I whispered, panicked. "Open the window!" he whispered back, smiling goofily. Sighing in defeat, I quietly lifted up the lock and opened the window.

He hefted himself up and through the window. He wore a sweater and tracksuit pants. On his back he carried a large camping backpack. "What are you doing, running away from home?" I asked.

"My sister got pissed off at me so she kicked me out of the house. I have no where to sleep so I came here," he inspected the room, "You saved me last time so...can you save me again?"

Cringing at the cheesiness, I shrugged my shoulders. "You have to sleep on the floor though, I'm definitely not sharing the same bed with a guy."

He laughed soundlessly. "You seem pretty okay with the fact you're going to be sleeping in the same room with a guy you just met like yesterday."

I frowned."Is that weird? To sleep in the same room with a guy? I used to always sleep in the same room with a g-" I froze. Did I just say that?

I shut my mouth tightly. "I'm sleeping now." I turned my bedside lamp off. "Sleep! Like now or I'm kicking you out."

Jimin stood there silently. "I said sleep! Now!" I demanded. He squatted down onto the floor and got into his sleeping bag. I breathed out and closed my eyes.

The swing creaked as it moved up and down in a rhythmic pattern. Streetlights casted a somewhat hopeful looking light on the roads, brightening up the atmosphere of the street. Crying and moaning echoed down the street.

I walked slowly on this road. Nobody was around. My legs felt like jelly. Mixed up emotions jumbled around. I muttered something. I felt everything around me fall. My legs gave away. Darkness covered my eyes.

I was running. Away from the lunatic. He cackled evily as he chased me. I was scared. I was so so scared. But no one was there to help me. No one. Nobody at all.

I had to run away. From my nightmares. From everything. I need a new life. I need my mother. I need someone to shield me...to protect me.

Blood dribbled down my arm.