Chapter XXII

The lack of self-control when it comes to restraining anger was an issue Alexi seldom encountered. However, the baguette-eating, French-speaking men that were facing Alexi unintentionally tried to change that fact. He believed that if he heard the word oui one more time, his eardrums would self-destruct.

As much as he knew how important this meeting was, his patience was being tested because for four hours, he was negotiating a deal with the Frenchmen that were an essential part of his plan to make a macaroon out of Sebastián.

"We would need at least a day's time to complete the siege. He has upped the measures of security around his properties after our last attempt. This means that this time we need to be a two-hundred percent prepared. Oui?" Alexi swallowed a frustrated groan. This was the fiftieth 'oui' he has heard from the mouths of the three men in front of him combined.

"Your failed attempt was humorous, to say the least. If I didn't want him dead, I would've respected him simply based on his ability to plan better sieges than you have. Maybe you should stop focusing on trying to fight off all the mafias in France- which are keeping your economy from collapsing by the way- and focus on your organization. Maybe then you would start having successful plans." Marcel, the head of the French intelligence dropped his head in shame at Alexi's words, his face flushing from the embarrassment the truth brought upon him.

"Can we return back to our main issue? We need to thoroughly plan this to make sure no mistakes are made." The blond man that sat to the right of Marcel deflected. Alexi silently agreed, knowing that if this plan failed, the mafia union would grant Sebastian the chance for retribution- which meant that all the mafia leaders would have to fight against the Russian mafia based on the union's law.

The only reason Alexi did not present any evidence he had before starting his plan was because Sebastián would catch wind of his plans. He needed this to be of utmost secrecy, but this risked everything.

"The layout you presented of Sebastian's mansion is our starting point. I need you to send an agent to scout the property and make sure that it's up to date." Alexi jotted down his thoughts.
The third Frenchman scoffed.

"How do you expect him to enter the property? Do you think Sebastian is going to let him in just like that? Non. That would never happen." He sighed in frustration and massaged his temples.

Alexi was ready to shoot a bullet through the same temples he was massaging. "I don't give a single fuck on how you would make that happen. You're part of the French intelligence for fucks sake!" Alexi bellowed. "If you require a Russian man to plan everything for you, then I think you have a bigger problem than Sebastian and his squad of crêpes. Make him believe it's an inspection or anything of the sort. I don't care what it is as long as it's going to get you in."

"Count that as complete." The head of intelligence agreed. "Next is your part I presume. What is it that you can do to busy him for a day?" The grey-haired man asked.

Alexi knew of Sebastian's plan to invite him to his mansion in Paris, then attempt to finish off what his father started. That's why he informed his wife of a dinner party he would host in the Dimitri mansion that same week that included a certain French mafia leader. He planned to give Sebastian a taste of his own vile tricks.