Chapter XII

It is a known fact that many adults enjoy participating in staring contests because it shows how mature and responsible and not child-like they are.

No, it is not, but Sophie tried convincing herself that it is so she would not lose her mind as she watched both her husband and the Italian mafia leader engage in a staring contest. It seemed like glaring, Sophie thought. You see, Leonidas and Alexi are both powerful men with relatively inflamed egos, meaning that they will snap at each other's throats at every chance they got to prove that they are the best.

The other mafia leaders seemed familiar to this because they paid them no attention and focused on meeting the newcomer, Sophie herself. She felt very welcomed as the very moment she entered the mansion, she was met an energetic Yasmin greeting her.

It wasn't a 'greeting' per say.

Yasmin hurried towards Alexi and his new partner with enthusiasm and a wide smile while her husband, Kamal, was trailing behind her. "Уродливая бабушка!" She opened her arms to embrace the new member of the mafia.

[Ugly grandmother!]

Alexi's head snapped towards the young woman, "What did you just say?" He seethed. He was sick of the disrespect towards his wife, she was insulted two times in the span of five minutes of being here. He was fuming. How dare she disrespect my wife, and in her language too! Alexi moved in front of his wife to block Yasmin from coming near her. His eyes narrowed on the woman who's smile slowly fell from her face.

"Alexi, I got this." Sophie told him as she stepped from behind him. She turned towards Yasmin and showed Alexi how she has 'got' this. "What did you just say?" She repeated her husband's exact words but with her hands crossed instead of searching for a gun like Alexi did.

Alexi looked at Sophie with a glare mouthing 'Really?' He directed his attention back to his next victim. "You have ten seconds to explain yourself before I do something irrational." Sophie laughed in her mind, so he admits he's an idiot that makes irrational decisions.

"What, Alexi? I can't greet your wife. I knew you were stingy, but not to this level! You can't keep her all to yourself." Yasmin pointed her finger at the Russian Don like he can't just pull out the gun he had his hand rested on and shoot her on the spot for the disrespect she sent towards the Russian Donna.

"No, you can't fucking greet her with an insult. Now move away from her before I make your body drop de-" Sophie stopped her husband from saying something terrible. "Why on earth would Уродливая бабушка be a way to greet someone?" She asked.

"So, Russians don't say 'nice to meet you' as a greeting?" Yasmin's brows furrowed in confusion. Sophie nodded her head, "yes, we do, but we don't call people 'ugly grandmothers' as a greeting!"

"But Kamal told me th-" Yasmin connected the dots and realization came to her. Her husband tricked her. "Kamal! We're eating pickled shawarma for dinner because of this. ما عندك عقل." She turned towards her husband who was occupied with trying to hide his laughter but failing miserably at that.

[You don't have a brain.]

For two minutes straight, Kamal was scolded by his own wife and all he did was stare at her with a hidden smile. His mind was occupied with being mesmerized by his wife's beauty. He was down bad. Yasmin was the personification of her name; she was as hypnotizing as a jasmine in a field.

Alexi noticed the way his long-time friend stared at his wife. It was the same way Matteo stared at his wife, Victoria, for a whole year after they announced their marriage. It took him that long to grasp she was actually his wife. There was something about these women...