20

Jeonghan and Jisoo were sitting together in an empty classroom after their school. They just sat there doing nothing. Jeonghan busy on his phone and Jisoo resting his head on Jeonghan's legs using his own phone.

Neither of them talked. Jeonghan was scrolling through reels and his attention was taken by Jisoo's phone continuously receiving notifications.

"Who are you talking to?" Jeonghan asked breaking the silence.

"Mingyu." He answered.

"But he isn't replying to my text..." Jeonghan said confused.

"I don't know. See."

Jisoo showed him his phone and Jeonghan felt the betrayal.

"This bitch-"

"Don't curse Jeonghan. Maybe he didn't see yours. "

"I texted him like 5 times by now. How can he not 'see' " Jeonghan exaggerated.

Jeonghan dialled up his number.

"Where are you? Uh-huh? I am coming."

Jeonghan hung up and left the room abruptly leaving Jisoo puzzled.

Jeonghan ran to the football ground and confronted him.

"Why were you not replying to my texts?" Jeonghan asked angrily.

"Don't you see. I am playing." Mingyu said showing him the Jersey he was wearing.

"So, you have time to reply Ji- I mean my boyfriend but not for me, your bestfriend?" Jeonghan asked. Tears were building up in his eyes.

"Why are you acting like this Jeonghan? He happened to text me at my break and I replied him since I didn't want to be rude to him. As far as your text are concerned, I thought I would text you back when I am completely free so that I can concentrate on you. Do you not trust me Jeonghan? You think I am trying to steal your boyfriend? Does your few weeks of relationship lie above our years of friendship?"

"I didn't mean that..." A tear left Jeonghan's eye.

Mingyu threw the sweaty towel on the ground harshly and walked out of the ground. Jeonghan followed him.

"Mingyu-ya let me explain-"

"Enough Jeonghan! What do you take me for?"

"I was just jealous that you are not texting me back. You know how I want attention everytime and my insecurities. I am not a famous guy like you. I don't have the confidence you have in yourself. " Jeonghan was sobbing between his explanation.

"Jeonghan-ah... Stop crying." Mingyu hugged him and caressed his hair.

"I am sorry. I am sorry."

Jisoo watched everything from far and Mingyu noticed him. He gave him a reassuring smile.

2 Months Later

From attending classes together as strangers to spending the nights together, they did all they wanted. They were sweet 18 and were exploring the world.

Jeonghan was walking on flowers carpet to the higher mountain, until he was bit by a thorn.

"I want to break up with you."