8- All The Stars

Chapter 8- Is It Too Late?

~I recognize your false confidence and calculated promises-We're running out of time~

We're running out of time~

"Kakashi," she shook him awake.

"Hm?" His eyes creased when they met the sunlight piercing in through the open blinds of the window.

With tears streaming down her face he immediately sat up.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly.

"I had a bad dream. A really bad one," she hiccuped. "It didn't feel like a dream though, it felt so real. We need to find Sakumo-san!"

"What why? What happened? We can't even get him yet, he's still out on his mission."

"That's the problem!" Y/N shook her head as her breakdown worsened.

"Okay, okay," Kakashi pulled her into his arms and held her tightly.

"He died in my dream, Kashi," Y/N whispered slowly.

Kakashi's heart dropped.

"That's why we need to find him. We need to know if he's safe."

He nodded, "Let's go to Lord Third, maybe it was just a dream but either way it'd be good to ask anyway."

~~

Y/N hesitated.

She was visibly trembling as Kakashi watched her movements; the dream had clearly disturbed her.

She knocked on the door loudly, by accident. Her hands were shaking tremendously.

A soft 'come in' could be heard from the other side as Y/N slowly pushed the door open.

"Lord Hokage?" She asked timidly as the two stepped into the room. Lord Third looked up, assessing her features and her distressed demeanor. He observed Kakashi shift to her right, still sleepy.

He gently set his belongings down while he kept a watchful eye on the two.

"Y/N, Kakashi, what brings you two here?"

Kakashi looked up, "We'd like to know the whereabouts of my father, Hatake Sakumo."

"He and his team are on a top-secret mission, and he should return soon. Kids, I apologize but there's not much I can tell you."

Y/N shook her head.

"There's got to be more than that!" She urged.

"That's all I can tell you."

"Lord third, I had a vision regarding the mission."

Kakashi gasped, "You told me it was only a dream."

She shook her head, "I lied to you."

~~

What the hell was that?