Chapter 3 • Dead Heart

Start from the beginning

"Kat just leave him alone." Kraven scoffed as I walked away closing up my dead heart once again, and I was sick of it.

♛ ♛

I just started to go through the neighborhood, just listening to the sound of the night crickets, the loud noise of cars passing by you down the street.

I like when my thoughts are empty and peaceful. It feels like it's the only little mortal human thing I have left to actually keep. Sad part is I have it forever.

I didn't mind it at all—

Well sometimes.

I somehow ended up near the bakery, but I didn't see Arabella. The light was off and I could see my reflection in the windows; I looked away.

I felt like I needed another distraction, and maybe meet up with that bartender again. The moment was hot, but bland.
I didn't like the thought of someone being most likely shared with everyone.

Even though I couldn't be talking. I don't even know how many people I've had sex with, you lose count of course.
I guess I've never actually shared a real intimate moment.

While I went by the small rustic bakeries and old retail stores, I took a different route back to the house just because I heard specific voices in that direction.

The gray cobblestone lined with creases clicked against my black shoes as I saw the group once again walking down the sidewalk to a white beautiful brick house with a black roof added also with black shutters enhancing more of the black all around the bright green vines growing against the wall.

Had a huge guess on whose house this was.

I dashed near the multiple trees on the side of her house seeing her friends and Everest by her side like he owned her.

I rolled my eyes, but I still watched anyway on the darkness like a fucking creep. Didn't care—
Like I've said before Arabella is a part of a bloodline I genuinely thought everyone was rid of, but someone survived.

I saw my family kill them when I had just turned into this. The family of hunters, well knowledgeable people. They were born with the gift of intelligence.

She was more than that.
I could see it and I don't even know her.

I wanted to know her, but it would be a waste of her and my own time. She has a life to live and I don't want to be the one to take it away from her innocent yet beautiful soul.

"Arabella, is it okay if I spend the night?" Her redhead friend Emilia asks and she responds with a yes. "Bells can I ask you something?" I heard Everest's annoying mouth speak to her again.

Her lips parted slowly letting out a sigh "if it's what I think you're asking, it's gonna be and stay a no." She rubs her shoulders from the cold weather hugging her small body.

"Arabella"— He tries to touch her waist, but she steps back and says goodnight to him, closing the door in front of his face.

That just made my evening somewhat better. I see her walking through the house since she stupidly left her gray curtains wide open for men like me to watch and see.