"My parents always expected a certain level of perfection. That day, I didn't reach it. So I was taught a lesson."

He didn't have to give me more details. That was enough.

"You don't have to be perfect, Alec." I whisper, lifting his hand in order for me to kiss it. He looks at me and I can see a tear rolling down his face. I wipe it out and with one hand, he holds mine on his face.

"I can't even say I am", he replies.

"You are the perfect boyfriend", I add to encourage him. I didn't even lie. He is the perfect boyfriend. And it is not just me who thinks it. Even my best friends started agreeing. April only calls him "Daddy Boy" when she talks about him with me. Nini invited me on a Pinterest board the other day, called "My Baby Soph's Wedding". She started saving pins about venues, bridesmaids' dresses and even wedding menus. As I asked her why she did that, she only answered with: "Girl, it takes one look at that man's eyes when he sees you and you can tell he's already picturing you in a white dress. I'm trying to be prepared here". I only chuckled and replied: "Why don't you take care of your own wedding?". She smirked at me and answered: "I already have a Pinterest board for that, don't worry." I didn't ask any further questions, yet I one day will like to see what her account looks like. Nessie, our bookworm, also came to me one day and said: "I think you got a good one, Soph." I stared at her confused, so she continued: "In the world of romance, there are three types of boyfriends. One, the sweet and caring type. Two, the you-touch-her-you-die type. And three, the I'm-a-billionaire type." I nodded as if I understood and asked: "What type is Mark?" She blushed and answered: "The sweet and caring type." I nodded again and asked the question that actually interested me: "And what type is Alec?". That's the point she started smirking and replied: "The all of the above type. It's a superior league made out of very few real men and many men written by women. Well done, Soph." I smirked as she happily walked out the door.

Well done indeed. Alec is the superior league.

"You really think so?" He asks me, with tears in his eyes.

"I do", I whisper as an answer and bend over to him to kiss him. "Best boyfriend."

He cries now and I can feel his tears on my face. He wants to wipe them out, so that I don't get wet, but I stop him. His tears are my tears. His pain is my pain.

"I don't know what I could have possibly done to deserve you", he whispers to me. I smile and let go, so that he can drive. His eyes aren't on the road however, but on me.

As we arrive at his parents'house, I understood what Nini and April meant when saying the guy owns an empire. The house was a full-time mansion. Big gate, marble statues on the sides of the driveway, a fountain... I could even see some peacocks walking free around the garden. I give Alec a shocked stare, he however tenses and curls his fingers harder around the wheel. I know he does that only because he can't clench his fist. This time however, I don't feel afraid anymore. I understood he would never hurt me. And I trust him.

Alec parks his car and gets out. He comes to my door and helps me outside. He places his hand protective on my waist. Although Darrel is behind us and I know he has more than a few weapons on him (hidden however), I already feel safe. Alec throws death stares at anyone who looks at me for more than five seconds. His eyes only lighten up as he looks at me. A spark appears and they fill with love.

We enter the house and I remain with my jaw dropped. A band plays live classical music, somewhere in the background. Everyone is dressed fancy. A waiter offers us a drink, yet we both refuse. I don't drink in public and Alec doesn't drink anymore.

My boyfriend leads me around the house, and introduces me to some people. All important CEOs. He doesn't seem to be befriended with them more than on a acquaintances level. They only share smalltalk about the party and me. Because they are all surprised Alec actually found a girlfriend. And they're even more surprised he found me as a girlfriend.