Chapter 33

SOFIA

I don't think I could ever get used to the fact me and Alec are now an official couple. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I really do. But it still feels like what we do is wrong in their eyes. Like every kiss we share in public is forbidden. It feels like we're forbidden.

The first time he kissed me in public after we made it clear we were together was the next Monday at school. It was in the canteen, where everyone was still rumouring about us not being real. I was carrying my tray shy and afraid of everyone's stares on me, when Alec stood up from his table, came hug me and gave me another passionate kiss. The crowds gasped, yet I didn't care again. I just loved this guy.

After our kiss, Alec came to sit at our table, which didn't leave just the ones looking at us shocked, but also my best friends, and Leo and Mark. They still couldn't believe as Alec gently placed me on his lap and gave me kisses on my neck from time to time. His best friend, Adam, who meanwhile officially introduced himself to me, came join us under the excuse he wouldn't leave Alec alone. The other cool guys, so the athletes, still remained at their table, paying overly many glances at us however. I was used to attention before, but this one was almost too much.

From time to time, I'll start shivering. Or nervously playing with my fingers. In moments like that, I have to remember myself what and who I am. You're grateful for your boyfriend. And you're grateful for your friends. You're grateful for your family. And you don't give a shit about the people watching. I am not the only one who helps me in these moments, however. Alec, who always notices when I'm shivering or playing with my fingers, comes hug me and kisses my forehead to ease the pain. Nini, who also sees when I'm not feeling myself, takes me by my arm and holds me tight. My other best friends start talking louder so that they would cover up the sound of people rumouring in the background. Before coming to Wrencore, I would just read about friendships and imagine what it would be like to actually have them. They are all described as these bounds you make, yet no book can give you the feeling of how it actually is. My friends are the family that my heart chose for me. They're my band aids. When you're hurt, you put a bandage on. I have my friends.

It's the big break now and we're sitting at our usual table. Alec and I have been officially dating for seven days now and everyone meanwhile got used to the new seating plan. Alec and Adam were now part of our table. They weren't strangers anymore.

My friends were engaged in a talk regarding the last frat party they went to.

"And have you seen Heger?! The dude literally just threw himself in the pool. He was so wasted...." Nini begins laughing. I tune out, since I really don't know anything about frat parties. Alec, on whose lap I was sitting on, immediately notices something is wrong with me and asks:

"You okay, Foxy?"

I nod thankfully but he reads right through me. He bends down to my neck and kisses it a few times, to give me strength.

"I've never been to a frat party." I whisper to him. He nods understanding. I continue, in the same low voice: "You have been, right?"

He swallows hard and answers: "I have been to a few."

I nod, reminding myself of the bad boy reputation he has. He probably went and got drunk at every single one of them. I don't judge him, however. Not anymore. When he's with me, he's the most caring boyfriend one can wish for. I don't criticize him for his past mistakes.

"Do you still want to go to parties?" I ask him nervously. "If you do, I must tell you I can't come with you. Frat parties are on the top forbidden list."

He puts his fingers on my chin and tilts my head to him. "I don't need to go to parties, Foxy. If that means I get to spend more time with you, screw them."

I kiss him to show him how thankful I am. He smiles at me. One of those honest smiles, that I am the only one lucky enough to get to see them.

Apparently, his best friend notices, since he says: "Oh, he can smile. I thought your condition made it impossible. Glad you found a cure."

"Shut the hell up." Alec replies, his smile quickly fading and going back to his serious self. Adam can't help a laughter.

"Don't mind him, Sofia. You seem to be the perfect medicine." the guy continues, smiling at me. 

Alec snaps, and quickly adds in a warning voice: "Careful what you say to my girlfriend, Adam. You hit on her, you're out."

I tense, knowing Alec might actually mean it. He seems to be able to kill anyone he wants. And he definitely doesn't like sharing.

"Calm down, man. I was just teasing you." Adam replies. And just like that, Alec believes him and calms down. His gaze doesn't wonder off me for the rest of the time though. My boyfriend's eyes are like glued to me. I would usually feel ashamed or embarrassed to have people staring. Alec's stare doesn't make me feel that. It makes me feel safe.

"So, are you coming to the party this Saturday?" April asks collectively, bringing us back to the original conversation. Dia and Leo nod, so do Nessie and Mark. Nini shares a look with me first, asking me with her eyes if it would be okay if she goes. I nod understanding. She smiles and also confirms her attending. I am quick to deny:

"I won't be able to come. I am sorry. You know the rules."

April nods sad and makes it clear she'll take pictures of everything, so I don't miss out on the tea. I chuckle and thank her.

Alec is the next one who turns down the party: "I'm skipping it too. I'll stay with Foxy."

The rest raise an eyebrow as he says my nickname. Adam lets out a small chuckle. Alec doesn't react, just makes his eyes even more narrowed and gives everyone but me a death stare. As on command, they all start nodding. His best friend is the one who breaks the awkward silence: "I'll also skip it. I have some work to catch up on."

"Honestly, do you take any break?" Nessie asks him interested. Adam chuckles and flashes one of his smirks.

"I have to work for what I earn." he adds. Nessie nods understanding, then turns back to Mark.

The conversation quickly escalates to something else. When no one else is paying attention on us, Alec bends again down to my ear and whispers: "So, what should we do on Saturday?"

I smirk, having a few ideas about how we could spend our time. Alec notices and smirks as well.

"I wasn't thinking about that." he continues, yet his mouth is still twitched. "I want to take you out again. On a date. What do you say?"

I kiss him as an answer. He understands my answer is a clear yes.

"Perfect. Do you have any preferences?" He continues asking me, almost taking notes. I answer with the first thing that comes in my mind.

"Art gallery."

"Foxy, you know there are also other places on this planet, right?" he replies chuckling. I nod and put a guilty smile on.

"I know. But you asked me where I wanted to go. I answered."

He lets out a small laugh and gives me another kiss: "I'll take you to an art gallery, Foxy."

Pleased, I crash my lips on to him. He pulls me closer and only stops our kiss to whisper: "And we get to recreate some paintings, right?"

I nod amused, can't believing he's still thinking about that. As if he could read my mind, he continues: "I am the canvas, you're the painter. I need your art."

I smile at him and can't stop laughing.

"I'm sure we'll find the right piece for us to make." I reply.

He nods proud. "That's my girl."

For the rest of the break, I'm just getting lost in his arms, feeling his love spreading butterflies in me.

I started to love this feeling.