14 - I promise.

( Read the most recent A/N )
+
(Thought this might be simpler)
Parents
Tammy Quinn Jonathan Quinn
Sister
Sadie Quinn (28)
Brothers
Julian Quinn (30) Sawyer Quinn (15)
(Olivia is 26)

It was the day of the red carpet and I was about to start getting ready in the hotel room. Just as I picked up the dress I was going to wear, my phone began ringing. I laid the dress out on the bed and looked at my phone to see it was my mom. She was probably calling to check in, I would call her back later. I turned off my phone and walked back over to the dress on the bed. And for the second time that day, my phone started ringing as soon as I picked up the dress. I sighed, setting down the dress.

"Hey, you okay?" Joe asked as he walked into the room.

"Yeah, it's my mom. Give me just a sec,"

Then I picked up my phone and answered my mother's call.

"Hey, Mom, I'm kind of busy right now. Can I call you back a little later?" I spoke on the phone.

"Sadie's in the hospital," My mom said, very clearly upset, making my heart sink into my stomach.

"Wait, what? Is she okay? What happened?" I asked.

"Her cancer came back,"

When my older sister, Sadie, was sixteen, the doctors found a tumor in her brain. It was obviously very hard for my family, especially Sadie, but after a year and a half of treatment, she was cured. The doctors said that it could come back later on, but I didn't want to believe them. In my mind, she would never get sick again. Because I didn't want her to. I was terrified to lose her when she was getting treated. And I felt that fear once again when my mother's words registered in my mind.

"Where is she?" I asked with tears stinging my eyes.

"She's with me and your dad at home. Honey, you should really get here fast. I don't-" My mom paused, sniffling quietly. "I don't think she has much time left,"

For a moment, I looked over at Joe who was already looking at me with worry.

"Ok, Mom, I'll be there as soon as I can. I promise," I said, and then soon after I got off the phone.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked.

"My sister is dying," I said, turning to face him. "Her tumor is back, I have to go home."

Once he saw the tears finally fall from my eyes, he jumped forward and wrapped his arms tightly around me. My knees started to give out, so he helped me sit on the bed, as I cried into his shirt.

"It's okay, I'll get you home, baby." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"But the premiere-"

"Hey," He stopped me. "You are way more important to me than anything, it's just premiere."

"Joe," I murmured, pulling back to face him. "It's not 'just a premiere', it's a big deal. You put in all this work towards Stranger Things, you're not missing the premiere, especially since it's in goddamn Paris."