2 - Everything is going to be okay.

While walking around the streets of LA, we stopped at a taco truck to eat then continued on without a second of silence. He said he was in a band and told me about his experience with Stranger Things. He told me about his family and his childhood. Everything from his favorite color to his first love as did I. Except I forgot to mention that I have a boyfriend. He didn't NEED to know about him though. It didn't even matter. It's not like I lied, I just didn't tell him. He didn't mention whether he's single or not either. Why was I so worried about it? Why the hell did he interest me so much? If it had been anyone else I wouldn't be walking 2.5 miles around town with them.

"You okay over there?" Joe pulls me away from my thoughts. "Yeah, just thinking." I said, looking ahead as we walked. "Penny for your thoughts?" I looked over to him and smiled. "I can't figure you out." I replied. "What can't you figure out?" He furrows his brows. "I don't understand why I'm so intrigued by you. I'm not usually like this. I don't just trust random men I just met to walk me around town in the middle of the night." I glanced over and saw him smile to himself. "I hope that's a good thing." He chuckled lightly. "I think it is. I hope so." "What do you mean?" I sigh.

"I've been in a real shitty state of mind. I shouldn't be, my life isn't even bad. It's like I'm missing a piece of myself. I just didn't realize how important this piece was until lately. But, I've never had this piece before so, why is it now that I'm realizing missing it. Anyways I just think this could be good for me. A new friendship." I explained. "Yeah, definitely. Any clue what this missing piece is?" He asked.

Honestly I didn't exactly know what. But, I had an idea. My boyfriend. I didn't love him and it was weighing down on me pretending that I did. I was lying straight to his face with every
'I love you'. It made me feel horrible. Which could've possibly been what put me in this dark place. I couldn't lie to Joe too. I had to tell him the truth.

"I'm sorry, I know I probably should've told you earlier but I didn't think it was a big deal. Which it isn't. I just um... I have a boyfriend." I paused to read his face. He seemed disappointed but when he looked over at me he was okay again. "No, don't be sorry. You're right, it's not a big deal. It's not like I absolutely needed to know. It's l like a small detail you just forgot about. No biggy." I giggled at his rambling. "Sorry, what were you going to say?" He asked. "Oh, yeah. So, we've been together for about 1 year and a half. It's been great. He's great. He was my first love." I kept glancing over to check his facial expression. "Was?" He asked. "I don't know what happened. He's amazing. He's so sweet. About a month ago I woke up and realized I just don't love him anymore. And I don't know what to do. I feel like a horrible person. I don't want to break up with him. But I can't keep lying to him. I don't want him out of my life though. I'm so confused. I don't know what to do." I finished explaining.

He stopped and turned to face me and I copied his actions. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into him. As I put my arms around his waist he said, "Everything is going to be okay."
That's when I finally broke. I quietly cried into his chest and he gave me a comforting squeeze with his arms.

Cars passed by us standing in the middle of the sidewalk. I slowed my crying down with the sound of his heartbeat. The mixture of his warmth around me and his light cologne was calming. I felt safe. Was this what I was searching for? I had just met him and I already knew he was gonna change my life forever. I didn't know if it would be in a good or bad way. I didn't care. In that moment, I was happy. That's all that mattered to me.

I pulled away once I was calmer and smiled at him. "Thank you." I said. "For what?" He asked.
"For listening. I'm sorry I haven't really done much of that." "Don't be. If you need to know anything about me just ask my stalkers— I mean my fans." I giggled at him and continued to walk. "We've been talking for hours, there's not much more to know about me. Seriously, I've told you things that I haven't even told my closest friends." He confessed. "Well, I'm not one of your stalkers. So, you don't need to worry about me telling the world your secrets. Only if I need to." I said with a laugh at the end. He nudged my shoulder with his before laughing along.

We talked and laughed for another hour. At this point it was about 3am. So he walked me to my car once again. I got in and rolled down my window. "Okay, this time I need to go home." I said through a giggle. "Wait, give me your arm." I looked at him confused but moved my arm out the window for him. He held it up and took a pen out of his pocket. He began writing something along my wrist. "There." I looked at the number he had written down next to a heart. "I don't care if it's 2am or 4pm call me if you need someone to talk to. Not even just if you're upset. I mean anything at all. I want to be here for you, even when I'm states away." He said and my heart melted. I smiled at him and placed my hand over his. "Thank you, Joe. I appreciate it. Hey, wait," I pulled his arm towards me and put my hand out for the pen which he then handed to me. I wrote down my number with two heart, just to one up him. He takes his arm back and looks at it with a soft grin. "I will as long as you do. If you don't cry to me about all your problems too, I'm gonna be very disappointed in you." He laughed lightly. "Got it. Now, get home and go to sleep so you have energy to call me tomorrow." He said and I smiled. "Bye, Joe." "Goodbye, Olivia."