4 - Enough flirting, let's go.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

I sat on a bench outside of the airport waiting for Joe to pick me up. "Olivia!" I heard a familiar voice yell making me jump up from my seat. When I saw Joe standing beside his car waving at me, I ran over to him and jumped onto him. "God, I missed you." I said. "I missed you too, Liv." He said with a chuckle. I let go of him and he put my suitcase in the trunk.

"I have to go back to set for a few hours but after that I'm all yours." He said as he drove to his apartment. "What am I going to do when you're gone?" I asked. "Well, you could come with me. The others have been asking to meet you." He said. "You talk about me that much?" "Don't flatter yourself too much. We don't want that head getting any bigger than it is." He joked and he laughed as I playfully walked his arm. "I'm kidding. Are you coming or not?" "Yes, but, only because I want to meet your cast mates. Definitely not because I want to spend time with you." I said with a wide grin. "Thanks for clarifying." He said through a light laugh.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

Joe led me into his trailer and I sat down on the cream colored couch. He reached into the mini fridge and tossed me a water bottle. He laid down with his head in my lap and I ran my fingers through his hair.

It was interesting to me how close we were after only knowing each other about 8 months. It didn't bother me though. I felt like I had known him for years. He knew everything about me and, as far as I was aware, I knew everything about him. Everything happened so naturally. I knew he was going to play a big role in my life from the first time we met. And I was right. I was starting to think maybe he was 'the piece' I was missing. Because I had felt something I hadn't felt in some time. Happy.

After a minute there was a knock on the trailer door. Joe groaned as he lifted his head from my lap making me laugh at him. "Joe, they're ready for you in hair and makeup." A voice said from behind the door. "Alright, be there in a sec." He shouted before turning to me. "Make yourself at home. I'll be back in a few." I nodded in response and he walked out.

I laid on the couch on my phone for maybe half an hour. I started to get a little cold so I looked around the space when my eyes landed on a dark navy blue sweatshirt. I throw it on myself and sit back down.

A little while after Joe walked in. "We're gonna start shooting in just a minute but I wanted you to meet everyone first if that's ok..." He trailed off when he looked my way. "Yeah, sounds good." I said. "Is that my sweatshirt?" He asked. "I got cold. Don't worry, I'll give it back." I replied. "No, it's fine. You just... never mind." He said, trying to hide his grin but failing. "Okay... Well, let's go then." I said as I got up and walked out the door.

I was a bit nervous to meet the cast because I didn't want them to think I was just another crazy fan. I barely watched the show so I wasn't. But, what if they assumed I was? I shouldn't have been so freaked out. It wasn't a big deal. I guess I just wanted to make a good impression with his other friends.

I followed Joe to a group of people standing around the set. "Hey, guys. This is my friend, Olivia." He said. "I'm Charlie, nice to meet you."
"Happy to meet you, I'm Gaten." "I'm Natalia, it's nice to meet you. So, what brings you here?"
"It's nice to meet you all too. I'm just visiting Joe. We haven't seen each other in about 8 months." I replied. "Well, I hope you enjoy your time here. Oh, Joe, you should take her to the Ferris wheel. I went with a friend once and it was so beautiful." Natalia said. "Yeah, that's a good idea. Hey, we got to go but Liv, you can go back to my trailer or you can stay here and watch." Joe said. "I'll watch. Pressures on, Keery." I said."Prepare to be amazed, Quinn." He replied."Yeah, we'll see." I said with a smirk.
"Enough flirting, let's go." Gaten said. Joe and I paused and looked at each other awkwardly. He flashed a slight smile and walked onto set.

I sat down in a chair nearby and watched them play through the scene. As I watched, I thought about Gaten's comment. We weren't flirting, were we? No, we were just friends. That's when I started to realize my feelings for him. But I decided to just brush it off and ignore it. I wasn't completely sure that's what it was anyways. If I had feelings for Joe I had to be completely sure before I mentioned anything.

Joe and I got in the car and began driving to wherever he was taking me. I realized that he hadn't said where we were going. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. "I wanted to go to a couple places. But first there's this restaurant that I really like and thought you might too." He answered and I nodded. There was a moment of silence before Joe said, "I'm sorry about what Gaten said. He was just messing around."
"No, it's fine. It's not a big deal." I said. "Have you talked to Carson since the other day?" He asked. "No, I want to give him some space. I feel really shitty about breaking up with him." I said. "You didn't do anything wrong. It's better than being unhappy in your relationship. For both of you." "You're right. I need to let it go. It's already done and dwelling on it isn't helping anyone. Thank you, Joe." "For what?" "You always know how to make me feel better. I don't know how you do it." "I don't know, I guess I'm just that amazing." He said and laughed when I playfully hit his arm.

We sat at the restaurant, looking through the menu. I felt a kick at my leg and looked up to saw Joe smirking while still looking down at his menu. I smiled, looked down to my menu and kick him back. We then started kicking each other while giggling, never once looking up from the menus. We only stopped when a waitress walked up to our table. "Are y'all ready to order?" She asks, kindly. "Yeah, I think so. I'll have a burger and fries." Joe replied. "Okay, and for you?" She turned to me. "I'll have the chicken and spinach risotto." I said. "Alright, I'll get that right out to you." She said before taking the menus and walking away.

"How's Katie? I remember you saying she was applying to college." He said. "She got into UCLA. She's really excited. She got a boyfriend and he's amazing for her. It's like all her dreams are coming true. I'm really proud of her." I responded. "That's amazing, I'm glad she's doing well. She's still getting her degree in drama, right?" He asked. "Yeah, she is." "Well, If she ever needs help with anything, tell her to hit me up. I might be able to help out." I smile at his words. "What?" He asked. "You're just so sweet to my friends. It warms my heart." I said. "Well, I'm gonna need them to like me if I want you in my life." He said with a soft grin.

Our food came out after a little while and we ate. Joe ended up paying even after I insisted that I should've. We got into the car and drove to our next destination.

We walked up to a large brightly lit ferris wheel, payed and got onto it. As we were lifted into the air, I could only think about the warmth of Joe's body so close to mine. I couldn't feel this way. We were just friends. So, I pushed those feelings further down and ignored them.

I tried to scoot away from him but it was a tight space and all it did was confuse him. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." He looked at me with suspicion. "Are you uncomfortable with me?" "No, no, no. I was just readjusting myself. I'm okay, I promise." I said quickly. I laid my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. That was the feeling I was trying to avoid but in the moment I didn't care. I let it happen and enjoyed every bit of it.

We were let off the ferris wheel and started walking to the car until I saw a Photo Booth. "Wait, Joe, come on." I said, excitedly, and he laughed while dragged him by his arm. We squeezed into the small booth and started it up. "Do you even have anything prepared?" Joe asked. "I don't know, just smile." I said and we did. *click* "I really should've thought about this more." I said. "I have an idea." He said with a mischievous smirk. "Wha-" He cut me off by tickling me. I squirmed around while laughing and he laughed along. *click* "Asshole." I said trying to catch my breath.
I wrap my arms around his neck and smiled for the next photo. *click* "I don't know what to do! This is so stressful!" I said through a laugh. I look at him after noticing his silence and see him staring at me with a sweet smile across his face. I stared into his deep brown eyes and started to lean in very slowly. *click* I snapped out of it and laughed it off. "Okay, let's go see." I said before getting out of the booth. He followed and we both laughed at the pictures, trying to ignore the last one. I printed out two copies and we got in the car.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:· .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

(A/N: sorry I haven't updated in a little while. Winter depression or something, I don't really know. I've just had no motivation for anything. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying!💌)