find an anchor, 8

find an anchor, 8"what's your anchor?"

find an anchor, 8
"what's your anchor?"

STORM STOOD BESIDE ISSAC, WATCHING DEREK OPEN A CHEST, revealing a symbol that was located on the inside. "What is that?" Isaac asked as he touched the symbol.

"It's a triskele," Boyd answered immediately, and to this, everyone turned to look at the boy quietly. "Spirals mean different things— past, present, future. Mother, father, child." He continued.

"Smart." Storm quietly complimented the boy under her breath.

"Do you know what it means to mean?" Derek asked.

"Alpha, beta, omega?"

"That's right." Derek nodded at the boy with a small grin. "It's a spiral. It reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Beta's can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Scott's with us." Was the only thing Derek said before looking down.

"Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac asked again. Storm only looked between the two boys silently.

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power."

The sound of chains immediately distracted Storm, She stared at the one being held in Derek's hands quietly.

"You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're going to want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica joked, looking at Storm who only continued on.

"Same here."

The boys looked at the two girls before Derek picked out two of, what Storm called torture weapons. "Well, these two are for both of you."

One was for the head, screws on the side that looked to be screwed into one's head, and the other was for the neck. Inside you could see sharp edges that would seemingly poke into one's neck.

You could hear a small chuckle and scoff come from Storm as she analyzed the weapons.

"And, may I ask why I'm the one being put up to this?" Storm asked as she sat on the train with Derek. It was now just the two of them after Derek asked her to take care of a task for him.

"Because you're the only one I trust to come back in one piece," Derek responded. "I'm not asking you to do much. Just watch over everyone there. Including Scott." The girl sighed and pulled herself up and out of her seat. "Why can't you just do what I ask without any questions? Erica does."