6

He had never been kissed before and kissing Sousuke was better than he could've ever imagined. Sousuke's lips were pressed hard against Makoto's but he was still gentle. Makoto's mind was completely blank, invested only in the kiss. He didn't notice Sousuke's hand moving to caress his head. He didn't notice until Sousuke's hand slipped under his hat and pushed it off. Makoto's eyes flashed open, he broke the kiss and his hands flew up to cover his ears. But Sousuke had already seen, "A neko..."

Makoto turned away, his hands still tightly covering the cat ears. He could feel his face burning. "Makoto?" Sousuke seemed concerned but Makoto didn't look at him, he couldn't. His secret had just been outed by the one person he was head over heels for.

"What's wrong, why won't you look at me?" Sousuke still stood inches from Makoto. And all Makoto could do was stand there against the wall with his shoulder turned on Sousuke. He could feel water welling up in his eyes, he tried to resist but a tear still fell onto his cheek. Sousuke spoke again, quieter and gentler this time, "Makoto." He gently took hold of Makoto's chin and turned his face to look into Sousuke's. "Don't be embarrassed."

Makoto dared to look up into Sousuke's eyes. They were his normal teal again. Something about Sousuke's expression felt really calming. Sousuke held Makoto's wrists, asking, "Is it alright if I see your ears?" Makoto was still slightly frozen, he couldn't say anything. He let Sousuke lift his hands up and away from his ears. Makoto flicked his ears, still nervous. Sousuke was the first person, outside of his family, to see his cat ears.

Sousuke smiled as he looked at Makoto's cat ears. So that was his secret, it was positively adorable. He looked back at Makoto's face to see tears slowly streaming down his face. Sousuke took his face in his hands. "Makoto, don't be worried. Your ears are cute, they suit you."

Makoto was blushing like crazy. He tried to smile up at Sousuke, "T-thanks..."

Makoto's ears flattened themselves against his head in an embarrassed gesture. Sousuke thought the way Makoto's ears emoted was too adorable, he couldn't handle it. He was completely serious as he said, "Makoto, marry me."