2

Makoto started. He could usually here people coming from far away but this time he didn't hear anything until the deep voice called his name. He looked up to see beautiful teal blue eyes staring down at him. It was Sousuke, the guy he liked, he was talking to Makoto. Makoto was at a loss of what to do, should he be cool, not say anything, should he smile back? Makoto went with the latter option, closing his eyes and smiling wide. "Hey Yamazaki-kun."

"Where were you rushing off to?" Sousuke was direct, getting straight to his point of why he was stopping Makoto.

"L-lunch," Makoto was a little surprised. He wasn't sure why Sousuke was even talking to him. But he wasn't about to let the opportunity to eat lunch with his crush pass him by, so he added, "I-I usually bring a lunch and eat it on the roof, wanna join me?"

Sousuke's brow instantly furrowed, he muttered to himself, "The roof..." When he hesitated, Makoto had to wonder if he was afraid of heights. But Sousuke said, "Sure."

Makoto's eyes widened in surprise, but he recovered fast. He smiled again and began walking up the stairs past Sousuke. "Come on." Makoto could feel his heart flutter.

Makoto couldn't hear Sousuke's steps, but when he turned around to see if he was following, sure enough there he was, one step behind. Sousuke caught him looking and asked, "What are you staring at?"

Makoto's breath caught in his throat and he turned back around, his face as red as a tomato. He stuttered, "Ah nothing, I just... didn't know if you were there..."

Sousuke chuckled, "Afraid that you're hallucinating? Don't worry, I'm actually here."

"No, I just..." Makoto didn't know what to say. He tried to calm down, "It's nothing really."

When they reached the roof, he opened the door and walked out into the daylight. He was standing in the middle of the roof when he turned back to see Sousuke still standing in the doorway. He cocked his head to one side and walked back over to Sousuke, "Is something wrong."

"No," Sousuke shook his head and walked out onto the roof. He stopped at the edge of the part that was in shadow from the rest of the building. Maybe he really was afraid of heights...

Makoto had to ask, "Do you not like heights?"

Sousuke abruptly turned to him. "No." His response was immediate, "I just don't usually go out on sunny days."

Makoto was confused at first, but for the first time he noticed how extremely pale Sousuke was. It wasn't like he was sick, it was Sousuke's normal pallor and it made Makoto's knees weaken. He choked out, "Don't like the sun too much?"

"Something like that," Sousuke smirked. He sat down in the shade and leaned against the wall. When Makoto didn't move, he said, "Are you going to eat your lunch standing up?"

Makoto snapped back to reality. "Ah no," he smiled again to cover for his nervousness. He sat down next to Sousuke and he swore his heart was going to beat out of his chest. His hands shook as dumped the contents of his lunch bag into his lap. A sandwich and an apple. He looked at Sousuke who was just looking at him. "Do you have a lunch?"

"No," Sousuke sighed and leaned his head back against the wall. "I don't usually bring one."

Makoto offered him his apple, "Here you can have some of mine if you want?" Their hands brushed against each other's as Sousuke took the apple. Makoto could feel the tips of his ears burning up under his hat.

Sousuke held up the apple, inspecting it. Makoto found his next question kind of odd, Sousuke asked, "It's just an apple right?"

"Y-yeah," Makoto was confused, did something about it look off?

Sousuke side glanced at Makoto, "It's just that there's a lot of things I can't eat."

"A lot of food allergies?" Makoto could only smile.

Sousuke smirked, "Something like that."

Sousuke never seemed to directly answer Makoto's questions. There was so much mystery around him it was hard for Makoto to take. Makoto could only watch as the boy with the ocean teal eyes and brown hair that looked almost black sink his teeth into the apple's flesh. Makoto was entranced, he wanted to know all there was to know about this mysterious boy who had something like food allergies and something like a dislike for the sun.