4

"Yo Tachibana." Was all the message said. Makoto flicked his tail in frustration, what was he supposed to say to that?

Makoto sat up on his bed with his thumbs hovering over the keys on his phone. This could be his big chance to get close to Sousuke. He didn't want to screw it up. Five minutes later, Makoto wrote, "Hey Yamazaki-kun ^^". He'd already pressed send, it was too late to take it back. He definitely screwed it up. Of all the emoticons he could've used...

But Sousuke responded almost immediately, "Just Sousuke's fine."

"??" Makoto wasn't sure what Sousuke meant.

"You can call me Sousuke," Sousuke clarified.

Makoto could feel his ear-tips start to burn. Sousuke wanted to be on a first-name basis? Makoto couldn't be happier. He quickly texted back, "You can call me Makoto too ^^". There he went again with that emoticon. It suited Makoto but when he used it with Sousuke it somehow felt embarrassing.

Makoto's phone buzzed, "You smile too much Makoto."

Makoto's tail drooped, he wrote back, "You think so? Is it bad...?"

"No." Sousuke's response was too short. All he could think of to say was a smile, an embarrassed one, but he couldn't say that now. Luckily, Sousuke sent another message, "Actually I like your smile, it makes me wonder what your hiding behind it."

Makoto stared at the message, his phone inches from his face. Did Sousuke really just say that he liked his smile? Makoto brought his tail up and happily swished it back and forth. "I'm not hiding anything." It was a lie but of course he wasn't going to let Sousuke know that.

"..." Sousuke sent another message quickly after, saying, "Meet me for lunch tomorrow."

"O-okay". Makoto resisted putting another smiley face in his response.

"Meet me at the stairwell."

"Sure" Makoto wasn't sure what this meant but he was ecstatic.