Chapter VI "Interigation and Pervention"

(Y/n) POV:

I was sound asleep as I was finally able to relax after everything that has happened over my time here, but all that was quickly interrupted by a sudden banging on my door "Unless your an officer, screw off," I said while keeping my eyes closed and stayed laying down as someone opened the door and walked inside. I groaned and sat up while saying "I told you to screw-," I quickly stopped as I was greeted by the sight of the Sheriff "(Y/n), we need you as a witness to a supposed murder," he said as I got out of bed while stretching "Let me get my crap together and I'll be right there," I said as he walked out and I got changed.

I got everything I needed, including my mask and walked out as the Sheriff escorted me towards the office and as I walked inside, I saw Wednesday sitting down at the desk with Ms. Weems "Am I under investigation?" I asked as the Sheriff shook his head "No, we just need to ask a few questions about a 'crime'," he said while putting emphasis on the crime. "I know what I saw Sheriff," Wednesday said while standing up in her own defense "Can I get context to this before someone gets shot?" I asked as they all settled down and the Sheriff explained "We're just gonna ask a few questions about what you were doing during the harvest festival, then you'll be free to go," Weems explained.

"Alright (Y/n), were you with anyone during the festival?" the Sheriff asked "I was with Enid for the most part, but I eventually split off to go back to my dorm because I was tired," I explained "Was there anyone to see you enter the school?" Weems asked as I nodded "Ms. Thornhill, she asked what I was doing back early and I just said I was tired," I said while keeping a straight face.  I saw as both the Sheriff and Weems looked at each other as I knew that I had lied my way through, but then Wednesday suddenly asked "Did you tell Enid you were gonna spit off, or did you just do so?" "...I didn't warn them, she was Ajax and I didn't want to disrupt her time," I said as she glared at me.

"That's pretty rare for a kid that hates outcasts," she said "I don't hate outcasts, I despise them," I said, now glaring back at her as the tension grew "If you despise outcasts, then why hang around Enid?" "Because if I try and kill her, it's death row for me," I quickly responded as I could tell that she was onto me.  After a few seconds of staring each other down, Weems eventually intervened "I do believe all questions have been answered, we'll ask Thornhill about her side and your off the hook," she said while pointing me towards the exit "Thanks," I said while walking out and letting out a sigh of relief.

I quickly made my way back to my dorm and closed the door while laying back down on my bed and trying to relax as I heard a knock on my door "I hate that damn door," I said to myself while getting up and opening the door "What is it?" I asked as I saw Enid standing in front of me "When are you gonna let me go?" I asked as she just invited herself inside.  "I am one step closer to winning our bet," she said as I became confused "I'm sorry, what?" I asked as she responded "I think Wednesdays starting to open up to me, which means I'm one step closer to finding out your outcast hating reasons," I just face palmed and went back to my bed as I laid down.

"What's wrong?" Enid asked as I groaned "This was the first day I was actually relaxed and it was all taken by the sound of the door being knocked on," I said while trying to relax "We got clases today too, so I wouldn't get too comfortable," she said as I groaned even more and turned my back to her.  I then suddenly got a text and I reluctantly grabbed my phone and saw that it was from Laurel, I read it word for word as it said "Tyler is getting closer towards Wednesday, it might be good if you try and befriend Enid" I then sighed in disappointment as I put my phone away and tried to relax again.

"Who was it from?" I heard Enid ask "A demon sent from satan himself," I said as Enid just shrugged it off and walked towards the door "Also, I'll be competing in the Poe cup this year," I heard her say "The same cup that Bianca always wins?" I asked as I looked towards her and saw her nod "Why do you feel the need to tell me this?" I asked as she shrugged "Just felt that you would want to root for me," she said while walking away and closing the door.  I groaned as loud as I possibly could as I just got up and left the my dorm, but was shortly intercepted by Wednesday walking in front of me "What do you want?" I asked while glaring at her as she returned the gesture "I know you not telling me everything you know," she said as I simply stayed silent.